+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scale to Fit

bencr is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor bencr is on a distinguished path

Just to reiterate, this bug is a real nuisance. It is jamming up my print queues on a daily basis and losing a lot of time.

Please can you prioritise fixing this.

bencr,

Please be aware that posting a feature request on this forum does not guarantee you a fix. But let's at least see if your problem has a workaround.

Can you post or send one of your problematic files, with steps to reproduce and a config sheet from your Fiery?

G.

bencr is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor bencr is on a distinguished path

Dear Greta,

Many thanks. I have now got one such document, as attached. I had to totally redact it due to confidentiality, hence the black pages.

Problematic letter.pdf

Also attached is the config page.

The attached document prints the first 5 pages and then the machine stops dead at page 6 waiting for custom sized paper.

I perhaps should clarify that I think this really is a bug rather than a new requested feature. It is causing serious workflow issues for our organisation and undermining the effectiveness of Fiery.

When printing this document using the Fiery driver, it prints without problems. It is only when importing and printing from CWS that this problem occurs.
    Last edited by bencr; 09-02-2016 at 03:59 AM.

Dear EFI,

Could you please prioritise fixing this?

I can't emphasise enough how disruptive this problem is.. We will queue up hundreds of documents to print, only to find that the printer will stop printing due to lack of letter sized paper.

This means we can't leave the printer to do a large run unattended. It totally undermines the effectiveness of the Fiery controller.

I have said that this is a feature request previously, but really this is a bug that needs to be fixed not a feature request.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Default Scale to Fit

Hello bencr,

I will send you a PM about this issue.

Thank you for your continued support.

Regards,
    Charlie

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

I also see that this is a huge problem, especially on "business printers" like our KM C754. I wish, the Fiery would scale every page to the requested output media size.

Often I receive a bunch of pdf files and the customer just wants to print them all on A4. So I choose that media size and even a dedicated tray. I also enable "scale to fit" and sometimes even some punching options.

But if there's any page in the source file which isn't exactly A4, the printer itself stops in the middle of the job and asks me to load the custom media (A4R or even some strange sizes like 208x212mm) into any tray.

I can't see why this should be an expected behaviour ...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

+ Reply to Thread