Thread: Fiery Ticker does not start

Default Fiery Ticker does not start

Hello Fiery-Users,

since some time we got the problem, that the Fiery Ticker does not start. When I open it, the little squares flow in and out and nothing happens. Is this a known issue or is there anything I could do?

We had some other problems with our Fiery-Server so we did a clean install yesterday. After installing all the patches and updates we have now the same problem again.

System: EX-P2100 / FS100 pro
    Machine: XEROX Versant 2100

Thank you

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

The server needs restarting. Use the fiery bar on top to restart server and when it restarts try the Ticker again. You can still print with the ticker not working as it lost some connection with the server, but the server still works.

dan

I'm having the same issues with our Fiery on a Xerox machine. I was wondering if there was a way to uninstall and then install it again to see if there was some sort of file missing.

Can you check if WebTools is coming up? E.g. Open a browser on the Fiery desktop and type in 127.0.0.1.

If not, then you can try re-installing Fiery API using the following steps, on the Fiery itself:

1. Open Fiery Software Manager, click on the icon in the bottom left to open preferences, and then check the box labelled 'Show additional features'.
    2. Now close preferences, and click refresh. You should now see an item called 'Fiery Integration Package'. Install it. Reboot if prompted.
    3. Go to E:\EFI\packages\Fiery Integration pack\Patches and run Agali-installer.exe
    4. Reboot and check if problem resolved.

let us know how you go.

Yes, the WebTools comes up in IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Can you check if WebTools is coming up? E.g. Open a browser on the Fiery desktop and type in 127.0.0.1.

If not, then you can try re-installing Fiery API using the following steps, on the Fiery itself:

1. Open Fiery Software Manager, click on the icon in the bottom left to open preferences, and then check the box labelled 'Show additional features'.
    2. Now close preferences, and click refresh. You should now see an item called 'Fiery Integration Package'. Install it. Reboot if prompted.
    3. Go to E:\EFI\packages\Fiery Integration pack\Patches and run Agali-installer.exe
    4. Reboot and check if problem resolved.

let us know how you go.

The system may need a newer .NET framework installed. Could you try running Windows Update as it should update you to the latest.

Thumbs up

Thank you for that information. That indeed fixed my issues with the ticker not working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    The system may need a newer .NET framework installed. Could you try running Windows Update as it should update you to the latest.