+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alternating face up and face down output

Default Alternating face up and face down output

Is it possible to output even sheets face up and odd sheets face down? We have a product that we have to collate in this fashion for finishing and it's a pain in the butt to have someone sit there and do it.

Thanks.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Can't you rearrange the pages in the print file to accomplish that?

I know no fiery settings to accomplish that but maybe I will learn something.

I should have specified that the paper is C1S so I actually need to print on the same side but have every other sheet flipped on exit.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigitalphotos View Post
    I should have specified that the paper is C1S so I actually need to print on the same side but have every other sheet flipped on exit.
    Print from a PDF file.

Pre rotate every other page with acrobat.

Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Print from a PDF file.

Pre rotate every other page with acrobat.

I am printing from a .pdf, I know how to impose. I'm not trying to rotate the pages differently, I'm trying to print page 1 of the .pdf on side 1 of the first sheet and page 2 of the .pdf on side 1 of the second sheet and have the first sheet come out of the machine face down (side 1 down) and the second sheet come out face up (side 1 up). So they are back to back, but printed on the same side of the sheet of paper (finish is different on each side).

The setting in the driver properties allows me to have the whole job come out face up or face down, so I know the machine can flip the paper (maybe not? might just be printing on the other side??).

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Oh, the machine can flip the paper. Physically, it can do what you want. Logically, probably not. I've never seen a workflow like what you describe, and I know of no machine that can be driven to do what you want.

I know how I'd do it, and it wouldn't involve the digital press doing the weird bits of the work.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Does anyone know if Compose can do this? I have not worked with it but it looks like it may be possible.

Dan

Default JobMaster Quick Page Selection

This workflow can be achieved somewhat effortlessly using a feature just released in JobMaster. As part of CWS5.8 JobMaster now includes a quick page selection feature. You can view a short video of the feature by selecting "What's New" from the CWS 5.8 Help menu.

Following are the steps to set up this workflow using JobMaster:

1. From the Settings panel set the job to output Duplex.
    2. From the Job Summary panel (new in JobMaster), locate the "Page Type" group and select "Odd Pages". Note that you want to left click on the text hyperlink. Do not uncheck the checkbox.
    3. After step 2 all of the odd pages will be selected within Page View. Now, right click on one of the selected pages, and set "Page Duplex" to "Off". This will force all odd pages to print simplex.
    4. Now from the Job Summary panel, select "Even Pages" from the "Page Type" group. All even pages will be selected within the Page View.
    5. Finally, select "Insert Blank Page" from the Action menu. This will add a blank surface to your even pages thereby forcing it to print on the face up side.

Kind regards,
    Mark

Mark,
    I was excited to see your response, but how does this exactly flip odd pages in the output tray? As far as I can see, this is a very complicated way to just print simplex, which will print both pages on side one of the paper and output them all face up.... Am I missing something?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Just a thought, have you tried pulling from different trays? You could set the whole thing to face down but in the media you would set those one sided pages to the other tray. Last time i worked something like this it simplexed Face down on me when i wanted duplex because i just selected the one page.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast