+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alternating face up and face down output

Assuming you will be using Face Down delivery to the output tray.

Step #3 will take care of placing all odd pages on the front surface, face down.

Steps 4-5 will place a blank page in "front" of each even page. Since these pages will output duplex, each even page will have a blank on the front surface and an even page on the back surface (face up).

Here is an illustration of what you should expect where "Pn" is a body page, "IB" is an implicit blank, and "EB" is an explicit blank (you added them in Step #5)

[face down side] P1 IB, EB P2, P3 IB, EB P4, etc... [face up side]

I think this handles the request but please correct any misunderstanding.

Also, know that depending on the digital press there could be some downsides to this workflow.
    1) Print speed may be slower due to the change between simplex and duplex.
    2) The explicit blank pages could result in additional clicks on the service odometer.

thistlegorm is online now Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Just to add - remember what you are doing to your output - if your device has to invert every other page & output previous simplex - the likely hood is your 100 pages a minute Press ( or whatever it is ) will suddenly not perform quite as "briskly" - more likely 25...
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Mark,
    Got it. Unfortunately, my Xerox 1000 does not support CWS 5.8....boo....

If you're using the EX Print Server then you should be able to use CWS 5.8. Though you would also need a Fiery JobMaster license in order to access the quick page select feature.

Best Regards,
    Mark

We do have the Ex print server, but on the download page for 5.8 under the compatibility tab, it says that our machine only supports up to 5.7. The Fiery update software on the system also shows no updates and that our 5.7 version is the current version. Should I download and try it anyway?

Your server should support 5.8. It could be an oversight. We'll look into it.

In the meantime, you can download CWS 5.8 and install it on a client machine and then connect to your EX server.

Regards,
    Mark

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigitalphotos View Post
    Mark,
    Got it. Unfortunately, my Xerox 1000 does not support CWS 5.8....boo....
    Absolutely it does. Who told you it didn't?

The CWS5 download page has been corrected. The Xerox 1000i should now show support for 5.8.

Mark

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I have a 1000i and the Fiery software manager said that my 5.7 is as updated as it gets. I posted about this before, the 5.8 update has been halted until problems have been fixed, so i understand. If there is a way around this please post it. I have tried the normal download method which just downloaded the software manager and not the full 5.8 like you used to get with the early 5.x versions.

dan

Prodigitalphotos email me at dan@stardigitalprint.com i have some tricks and techniques i'd like to share with you.

Hi StarDigital, you are correct. CWS5.8 was temporarily removed from Fiery Software Manager as EFI investigated an issue. However, CWS5.8 is still available for download from www.efi.com/cws5

Regards,
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast