Thread: Command Workstation 5.8.0.39 BUG IMPOSING

Angry Command Workstation 5.8.0.39 BUG IMPOSING

Sending a file with overlays will print normally but when imposed to allow more than a single image on a sheet there will be a box surrounding one of the images. This is true whether APPE is turned on or off. Since CWS 5.8.0.39 was installed on the server, I no longer have 5.7.0.29 to test this problem with the same file. If EFI would like to me to send the file to them, please inquire.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

This sounds like they got the PDF normalizer wrong again.

This was a problem a few years ago, too. Should be easy enough to fix this time around, if that's it.

Here's an idea: instead of sending the job file-print, can you make a PDF yourself and import that PDF into CWS and impose from there? What do you get?

Here's another idea: preview your file, or even impose it, and save as a flattened pdf on the desktop. Bring that flattened PDF in. What do you get?

Hi Sprints,
    Yes, we'd like to get the file and details about what Fiery server model you are using. Understand the details of the workflow (as Adam is suggesting) to isolate the part of the workflow that isn't working is what we want to do. And I'm perfectly happy to try and reproduce your problem with a variety of different systems here at EFI.

I'll private message you to get the file transfer details.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_R View Post
    Hi Sprints,
    Yes, we'd like to get the file and details about what Fiery server model you are using. Understand the details of the workflow (as Adam is suggesting) to isolate the part of the workflow that isn't working is what we want to do. And I'm perfectly happy to try and reproduce your problem with a variety of different systems here at EFI.

I'll private message you to get the file transfer details.

-Mike
    Mike, just sent it to you.

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    This sounds like they got the PDF normalizer wrong again.

This was a problem a few years ago, too. Should be easy enough to fix this time around, if that's it.
    I also doubt that but in my case, these problems only occur when using APPE for imposed jobs. Saving locally and importing it does the trick for me as well as disabling APPE for this kind of jobs.

In my case it's an IC-301v3
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Save locally and re-import it--that was the exact workaround for previous bugs in CWS 5.4 and under.

I'm really, really getting frustrated with the Fiery toolsets. With this happening AGAIN, it sure looks like they're all getting creaky.