Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Properties Window not opening after update to 5.8.0.39

Default Properties Window not opening after update to 5.8.0.39

Just updated 2 machines to CWS 5.8.0.39 now neither can open the Properties window for any job on any printer. This has stopped production for us. Both are running Mac OS X 10.11.3. Any ideas or similar experiences?

I'm sorry to hear of your problem.

Could you let us know which Fiery model and version you are connecting to?

Also I would recommend a fresh install - use the Fiery Software Uninstaller that came with the new package to remove all Fiery software from your Mac (including print drivers for the moment). Then install Command Workstation and check if Job Properties comes up.

Default No Access to Properties Window

Quote Originally Posted by dgriffin View Post
    Just updated 2 machines to CWS 5.8.0.39 now neither can open the Properties window for any job on any printer. This has stopped production for us. Both are running Mac OS X 10.11.3. Any ideas or similar experiences?
    We are having the exact same issue. Updated to the new version yesterday and can no longer access the Properties Window on either of our two machines (Win7 32-Bit and OS X 10.9)

We use Command Workstation exclusively to run print jobs on an OKI Pro930 Envelope Printer and are now essentially "dead-in-the-water" with regards to printing jobs. How can we go back to the previous version that worked, until this issue gets fixed?

Default Same here on our DC253, however the C75 is fine.

DC252! System, OSX 10.11.3

After updating to 5.8.0.39 the Job Property can't open on our DC252. I uninstall and reinstall old version of 5.7.XX, but it didn't not helped. I fresh installed 5.08.39 on a completely new system that dose not have Fiery at all, and nope! will not open the DC252 property as well.

Now what?
    Last edited by David Heruty; 02-11-2016 at 11:24 AM.

We are having the same problem. I talked to efi yesterday they said they are working on it. Has anyone resolved the problem. Starting to cause us production problems. I reinstalled the older version but it didn't resolve the problem. Please get this fixed.

Default Properties Window not opening after update to 5.8.0.39

Same issue Mac OS 10.11.3 with three Okidata CS3641 printers. Uninstalled and reinstalled. No go. Interesting that if I boot my computer from my clone backup it works. Something other that CWS seems to be the issue. Some other file that got installed or changed with the upgrade may be the problem. Hope it is resolved soon. Production is stopped! CWS is useless at this point!

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to address this problem. It appears from our investigation that this affects certain System 8e Release 2 Fiery controllers (as reported in this thread). Until we have a fix available for this problem, the best workaround in the short term is to uninstall the FEA 4.4 software and install FEA 4.3 software:
    • Windows clients - Uninstall Fiery User software from the Control Panel
    • Macintosh clients - Use the Fiery Software Uninstaller from the Applications folder to remove CWS.
    • Download the Fiery Extended Applications Package v4.3.0.258 from the Download Center (http://www.efi.com/support-and-downl...-registration/)
      Please note that the FEA v4.3.0.405 in the Download Center also has this same issue, so be sure to select the 4.3.0.258 version.

We will post a note to this thread when this problem is addressed.

-Mike

Thanks Mike_R for the workaround. Uninstalling and reinstalling from Fiery Extended Applications V4.3.0.258 has cleared up this issue on my OS X 10.11.3 Mac. I will try the PC next. I am using a Xerox DC260 V 2.0 running Fiery 8e Release 2.

Thanks again.

Having the exact same issue here.

Thumbs up

Yes thank you the fix works great.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast