+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HotFolder process hangs while processing JDF files

Default HotFolder process hangs while processing JDF files

We are using a JDF Hotfolder to process print jobs being submitted by a custom application. At times, jobs stop being processed into Command Workstation. When that occurs, I find there is a MimeEncoder.exe process running on the server that appears to be holding things up.

If I kill that process, subsequently submitted jobs will then start to process through. If I drop off the same JDF file that was associated with the hung MimeEncoder.exe process again, it will process without issues. This seems to indicate that the JDF ticket and the referenced file to be printed are not the cause of the issue.

We are running Hot Folder 3, Version 3.7.0.13

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sorry to hear you're seeing some issues.

I have some questions for you:

1. How many jobs are you submitting over which time period? Give us an example of the volume.
    2. How often does the problem occur? Every day/week/month?
    3. We'd like to take a look at the JDF tickets you are submitting, any chance you could share some of the files for us to test internally?

Thanks,

G.

Default RE: Hot folder issue

Greta -

I can certainly share with you some of the JDF files. Is there an email address I should send those to?

This seems to happen a couple times a day at least, but I believe it varies. I suspect it is not an issue with the JDF files as I have been able to resumbit the same files to the hotfolder and they process without issue.

Greg

Default RE: Hot folder issue

Greta -

I failed to indicate how many jobs we are submitting. Over the past few days it seems to be running around 150-200/day.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Sorry to hear you're seeing some issues.

I have some questions for you:

1. How many jobs are you submitting over which time period? Give us an example of the volume.
    2. How often does the problem occur? Every day/week/month?
    3. We'd like to take a look at the JDF tickets you are submitting, any chance you could share some of the files for us to test internally?

Thanks,

G.

+ Reply to Thread