+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Envelope Print Settings

Default Envelope Print Settings

I have not been successful in printing envelopes. No matter what settings I make - I get an incorrect paper size error.

AT THE PRINTER: I changed the bypass tray Paper Type to Envelope. But then, the SIZE of that envelope seems to be a mystery. The only size option I have that coincides with the actual envelope is EnvCom10. So I select that. (Throughout the day, I tried every other envelope size in the list - no avail)

AT THE COMPUTER: In the Fiery Interface, Quick Access tab - I selected Paper Type: Envelope; Document Size: C10. (I also tried Monarch, then Custom Size set at the size of the envelope).

Nothing - envelopes will not print, I get a paper jam error message, and I get an error message saying the tray setting doesn't match the paper size. I've tried every combination known to man - same thing. There MUST be a way to print envelopes!

Please tell us what Fiery (and version) you have and the model copier/printer it connects to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    Please tell us what Fiery (and version) you have and the model copier/printer it connects to.

Fiery E100 Ver 4.3
    Konica Bizhub C454E

Kevin Hayes is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kevin Hayes is on a distinguished path

It sounds to me like you are not setting all required options.

You also need to set paper weight I beleive?

Can you copy onto the envelope?
    As copying does not involve the Fiery this will identify if it is a controller issue of the engine itself.

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

With custom size try fudging the size small or bigger a little. Lead edge to trail edge size usually.

We ended up having to get the tech support person in here. Took HIM several hours - so I don't feel as bad.

Default Lie to it

My machine would not accept 3.88 x 8.88 as a valid paper size. So I told it they were 3.95 x 8.88 envelopes and we are off to the races. 3.90 was not valid either. You may need to adjust art if it is placement critical on the envelope.

+ Reply to Thread