Thread: C1070 finishing presets only work from CWS at machine

Hybrid View

Default C1070 finishing presets only work from CWS at machine

I have found a couple of similar complaints and suggestions in the forum, but my problem persists. It began several months ago, a result of causes unknown.

I run a C1070 with CWS 5.7.029 on an internal server, operated either from a computer at the machine or my PC at my desk. I was previously able to send a job with one of the presets including, for example, 3-hole punch, from my desktop. However, while the paper choice makes it to the machine, now the holes don't get punched, unless I use the computer at the machine. The presets are identical; in fact, I just exported and reloaded in my desktop version.

In my work, this is not a major problem, but it would be nice to regain full desktop control of print jobs.

Paper profiles have not changed. The only conflict I know of, is the paper setting for color calibration (using the EFI ES-2000). It has returned to the default 90gsm and it was reset it for my standard 105gsm when the machine was installed, but I can't find the controls to make the switch again. I'm guessing that's unrelated.

Any help, on either issue, appreciated.

Are you using Server Presets? These should behave exactly the same no matter where they are accessed from.

Are you selecting Hole punch in Job Properties? Or in Compose?

Default Presets

Thanks for your response.

I am using what are listed as local presets, on both computers. When I create a set of parameters and save as a preset, that's how they save, although I do see that one with a name I gave sits alone under server presets. I don't know how I got it there. It duplicates one I have under local, and I have been ignoring it out of, well, ignorance. Would you explain to me how to get my presets in the server category, please?

I am selecting the presets in the job properties dialog, from the dropdown menu, upper left.

When you save a Job Properties preset, you will have a choice to save as Local Preset or Server Preset in the window where you enter the preset name.

Default WEll, almost...

Thank you for your help. I went through my local presets list at the printer computer, made them all server presets, and deleted all the local ones. I then rebooted both that computer and my PC, and then deleted all the local ones at my PC.
    I then sent a doc for 3-hole punch from my desktop; it worked. Then I tried a staple; no luck. Then I went back to 3-hole punch again; no luck this time and subsequent tries, whether I used a preset or used Printer's Default and manually set the adjustments. Again, paper choice and duplexing work, but not the punching or stapling. Maybe a glitch with the machine software, since these are in a separate unit. Anyway, I can live with it. I just don't know why it used to work perfectly well.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

What Fiery and what version of that Fiery is driving your C1070?