+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paper Catalog name in /live/api/v2/cost

Default Paper Catalog name in /live/api/v2/cost

Hi,

I was trying to put together a simple tool for a customer to allow them to pull the job log from the Fiery, allocate costs to the production and produce a report showing who is doing what and what the costs are (and allow them to eliminate specific users from the reporting).

Currently they do this using Excel and the automatic job log export function with the Fiery, but they find it takes quite a bit of time to prepare.

Rather than trying to come up with a VBScript to do this in Excel I thought I would try the Fiery API... {"AgaliVersion":"1.3.00.27","RubyVersion":"1.9.03.146b","RhythmVersion":"1.3.12"}

I was expecting /live/api/v2/cost to give the same data as what you would get using the job log option in CWS, however I don't get the Paper Catalog Name (and it would appear that there is an error where the data entered into the 'Product ID' field in the paper catalog is actually populated into the 'input slot' in the data that comes out of the API)

This is what I get from the API when printing on a media called "New Silk Matt 128gsm SRA3" that has a Product ID in the paper catalog of "PC-ProductID-field"

Code:
    {
    	"id":8,
    	"title":"Test Page",
    	"username":"Root",
    	"print status":"OK",
    	"date":"15:36 15 Jan, 2016",
    	"num pages":"1",
    	"size":"4603513",
    	"media type":"TwoSidedCoated1",
    	"media size":"SRA3",
    	"input slot":"AutoSelect",
    	"media counters":
    	[

{
    			"media":
    			{
    				"input slot":"PC-ProductID-field",
    				"media size":"SRA3",
    				"media type":"TwoSidedCoated1",
    				"media weight":"AutoSelect",
    				"product id":""
    			},
    			"total color pages printed":"1",
    			"total pages printed":"1",
    			"total sheets printed":"1"
    		}
    	],
    	"total pages printed":"1",
    	"total sheets printed":"1",
    	"total bw pages printed":"0",
    	"total color pages printed":"1",
    	"copies printed":"1",
    	"total tab pages printed":"0",
    	"total blank pages printed":"0",
    	"total ejected tab pages printed":"0",
    	"fiery":"QKM00828-C800",
    	"duplex printed":"No",
    	"timestamp done printing":"1454029248:957000",
    	"print destination":"printer"
    }
    No paper catalog name and the Product ID is in the wrong place.

Any chance that in a future version of the API the paper catalog name can be populated into the media json data?

Cheers
    Nick

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Hi Nick,

Sorry about our delayed response.
    Paper Catalog name and Product ID are available through /live/api/v2/accounting call.
    Accounting and Cost are very similar but Accounting gives you more information. The syntax and commands work just like /cost. So please give it a try, The attributes are "PCName" and "PCMID".

Accounting will be officially available with our latest release coming up very soon. The documentation page will be updated as well.

We hope this works for your needs.
    Thank you for your interest in Fiery API!

Fiery API team

Hi,

I have the same requirement. I call /lve/api/v3/accounting. It only gives MFPCName and it's value is -1. No PCName and PCMID. Could you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke_K View Post
    Hi Nick,

Sorry about our delayed response.
    Paper Catalog name and Product ID are available through /live/api/v2/accounting call.
    Accounting and Cost are very similar but Accounting gives you more information. The syntax and commands work just like /cost. So please give it a try, The attributes are "PCName" and "PCMID".

Accounting will be officially available with our latest release coming up very soon. The documentation page will be updated as well.

We hope this works for your needs.
    Thank you for your interest in Fiery API!

Fiery API team

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Hi there,

They are actually,

EFPCName and EFPCMID

EFPCMID shows -1 if Paper Catalog isn't specfified (not defined).

I hope this helps.

Yusuke

Below is the result by calling /v3/cost. You can see there's no EFPCMID field. EFPCName shows -1
    Code:
    {u'total ejected tab pages printed': u'0', u'total bw pages printed': u'0', u'media size': u'Custom_Paper', u'size': u'1261172078', u'title': u'\u4e50\u6e05\u5e02\u4e03\u5f69\u6c34\u4e0a\u6b22\u4e50\u4e16\u754c\u65b9\u6848\u4e8c08.24.pdf', u'total color pages printed': u'89', u'media counters': [{u'total color pages printed': u'89', u'media': {u'media weight': u'Tray1', u'input slot': u'', u'media size': u'Custom_Paper', u'media type': u'Any'}, u'total pages printed': u'89', u'total sheets printed': u'89'}], u'id': 20287, u'total tab pages printed': u'0', u'fiery': u'A1200', u'input slot': u'Tray1', u'EFPCName': u'-1', u'duplex printed': u'No', u'username': u'Administrator', u'num pages': u'89', u'media type': u'Any', u'total blank pages printed': u'0', u'total sheets printed': u'89', u'date': u'18:27 Aug 24, 16', u'print status': u'OK', u'timestamp done printing': u'1472088757:062197', u'copies printed': u'1', u'print destination': u'printer', u'total pages printed': u'89'}

Hello,

/cost is just a subset of /accounting so to get more detailed media information, you have to use /accounting. Also if you don't actually specify a Paper Catalog for the job at Command WorkStation then

EFPCMID will return "-1"
    EFPCName will return "none defined"

Thanks,
    Yusuke

+ Reply to Thread