+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiery Print Driver - Windows 10 zoom/scaling display issues

Default Fiery Print Driver - Windows 10 zoom/scaling display issues

Have any of you seen the fiery driver on a Windows 8/10 pc with high resolution displays when using the zoom feature? Many other applications scale fine, however the fiery driver is having issues. Thoughts?
    Attached Images  

I've having this issue too. Did you find a fix?

Many thanks,

Chris Cork

Default same

I've having this issue too. Did you find a fix?

Many thanks,

Chris Cork

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

Yes, I have that happening on my 2014 MacBook Pro retina display when running Windows 10 in BootCamp. I consulted my local EFI SDM and TSS, but no good answer. Now, when I know I need to use CWS or a Fiery print driver, I boot into MacOS, but not Windows 10.

It's still useable for me, but it would be nice for it to display correctly seeing that Windows 10 has been out quite a while now.

It seems that this issue has to do with the window not expanding to reveal the zoomed content. Our engineers have advised that the driver window is limited so that even if the content is zoomed, the window doesn't expand to fit the content. We have also asked Microsoft about this a while ago and did not receive a resolution.

We will try to engage Microsoft again on our side and update if we have new information.

Default I'm not sure I am on board with that answer

Based on other drivers, I don't think the driver window size restriction is a Windows issue. Compare the Fiery driver window with a Xerox driver window on the same Win 10 PC. I also included the monitor settings. The fiery drivers and CWS have always had scaling and other UI issues (mouse scrolling anyone?) What we want is a properly scaling driver window. Monitor resolutions are only getting higher, with 4K resolutions starting to show up in design departments.
    Name:  Monitor settings.jpg
Views: 4544
Size:  67.6 KBName:  Xerox driver.jpg
Views: 4525
Size:  110.7 KBName:  Fiery driver.jpg
Views: 4567
Size:  87.7 KB
    Brian Miller
    Lewan and Assoc.
    http://www.lewan.com

Unhappy High res display with zoom problem

Just wondering if EFI engineers have continued to follow-up with this problem... Looks like it goes back to 2016. Also having this same issue with high resolution monitors and the zoom feature. If you don't zoom the display, everything is displayed in the pop-up print dialogue - just extremely small (can't see). When you zoom the display, the content in the pop-up scales but the window does not expand or change size to be able to display the content. EFI apps, print driver pop-up and CWS job properties and CPS windows, seem to be the only ones that have a problem with this that I can tell.

Can an EFI engineer please give an update with this issue? We have customers that want to cancel orders because they say the print driver does not work properly... Thank you.

Same Issue with Multiple builds of Windows 10. The high resolution displays are the unifying factor here. Also have a customer who purchased multiple machines that is going to cancel and return if this issue is not resolved. This has been an issue since 10 and high resolution displays first came out. Why can't a fix be found? And why only the properties tab? The about and update tab are proper sized.
    Stumped and about to get reprimanded for an issue I have no control; over.
    Thank you

Steve0 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Steve0 is on a distinguished path

I have the same display issues with the Fiery print driver on a 15" MacBook Pro running Windows 10 Pro in BootCamp at retina resolution (2880x1800). This has been going on for years. At least with the Fiery driver, the pulldown menus actually pull down from where they're supposed to. But in Command Workstation 6.x, pulldown menus pop up a couple of inches to the left of where they belong, detached and out in space, so to speak, and in a font so tiny as to be barely readable. I'd try to do a screen grab right now but I can't connect to a Fiery right now.

And I agree, it's not a Windows issue. Konica Minolta (SOFHA-authored) print driver display just fine.
    Last edited by Steve0; 04-12-2018 at 08:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast