Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greyscale logging as Colour

Default Greyscale logging as Colour

I've noticed recently that when i print a job with greyscale selected in cws, when i check the log afterwards its still saying it was printed as a colour copy. Which could work out out very expensive if you think your paying for a b&w click charge but its actually registering as colour still. Any ideas whats causing this?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

If you have image viewer open it and deselect black. If anything remains it will be color.
    Sometime (for me at least) black is routed as a spot color named Black and will take its values there.
    If you don't have the Grey/Black selected in color properties for Text and Graphics they can sometimes come out Full color grey/black.
    Its sometimes best to Grey a page using Acrobat then relying on CWS

Dan

This seemed to have started recently after there was a couple of fiery system updates.

Can you print your Fiery Configuration page, then scan to PDF, and attach here?

This tells us what Fiery you have, and shows what patches were installed, and when.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

There are a few things that cause this issue - as Scott has intimated, let's start with the basics..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Hopefully i've attached it correctly. Server Configuration.pdf

Futaura is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Futaura is on a distinguished path

The Fiery patch installed on the 8th January looks immediately suspicious - is that when it started happening?

You say it is showing as colour in the log on CWS - what about the billing meter on the J75? Hopefully that is at least logging the greyscale clicks as black only.

We are experiencing the same issue. My whole PDF file is grayscale except for 4 pages, all come through as color clicks instead of 4 color + 20 grayscale. Had this happen a few months ago, the tech ran updates and it seemed to work but this time we have the current version of CWS.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Not entirely sure why the 8th January is perceived to be an issue ? perhaps a more apt question would be - do you have a service agreement with Xerox ? if so presumably you have engaged with Software Support & the relevant JER has been collected & forwarded to EFI via one of our Analysts ? for onward escalation to EFI ? i.e that is what you are paying for ?

Again there are several scenarios that can cause this - if you are paying for Software Support ? engage it with your file in the first instance - if you are not paying for support & the file does not show confidential data post here - I will look at it for you - generally it will be a crop mark and / or using APPE - you need to have GAPPE to interrogate further..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

The billing meter on the J75 is indeed also showing as colour clicks.

We do have a service agreement with xerox so i will contact there software support, i have printed plenty of jobs where the artwork is black only except for the registration marks which as you say are 4 colour but printing it as greyscale in the job properties has always solved this and printed as black only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast