+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot Folders and Impose Templates Issue

Default Hot Folders and Impose Templates Issue

Our impose templates are created with the finished size as "user defined". When imposing through CWS using templates, they work fine. When we link hot folders to these templates, we get incorrect sizes, placements, gutters, etc. Using CWS 5.7, Hot Folders 3.7 and a Fiery 100 Pro. Any suggestions?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

How are you hotlinking? The "User defined" currently only works through Impose and Server presets. They will not show up under the layout/impose tab under your normal job properties.

dan

Our templates are created through Impose in CWS. Then in the Hot Folders console we create a new hot folder and under job properties/layout tab we select Impose and then select the preexisting template.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

should work. I just check mine and i'm able to see and link a "User defined" impose.

Try creating a server preset with the User defined and using that in Hotfolder: under job properties drop down select the Server preset instead of the define.

Dan

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

User defined only works if the Impose Templates are created on the Fiery & the Hotfolders are utilising them on the Fiery - is this your workflow ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be working on this tomorrow and I'll let you know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    User defined only works if the Impose Templates are created on the Fiery & the Hotfolders are utilising them on the Fiery - is this your workflow ?
    You're close Thistle - User defined templates in Hot Folders need to be running where the impose license is present, whether this be on the Fiery FACI, or on another client CWS.

I am making my impose templates using CWS and using Hot Folders, both created on the same pc which has the impose license. When using a hot folder made with a template with "User defined" impose, the pdf processes and goes to hold in CWS and previews correctly. Then when printed, the gutter settings are lost and the preview and print shows the incorrect format.

The fiery itself does not have an impose license. is this an issue with "user defined"?

Fiery Command workstation is an 'appendage' of the Fiery Server. Thus any action within that CWS takes place on the workstation appendage and not on the server itself. Thus what Greta said: The impose dongle needs to be on the workstation using the impose. Having it on the server only works if the server is using impose.
    ---------------
    What i tend to do is when i create an imposition with User Defined i look to see what the Bleed values are and copy them then turn the User defined to Based on crop marks and enter in the Bleed values. Thus the impose can be used from the Main CWS as well as the impose, server and Hotfolder setups. point of note is that the User Defined value 'grab' is not dynamic. Meaning that if you set it up with a .25 bleed and import in a .5 bleed, it will still expect a .25 bleed and work accordingly. Thus it is important to set standards on the bleed values before you import them, especially for Hotfolders.

Hope this helps,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread