Thread: Automating ImageViewer preset curve

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

Default Automating ImageViewer preset curve

Is there a way to automate the application of an ImageViewer preset curve to a file without having to process and hold, open in ImageViewer and apply the preset manually? I'm testing on a KM IC-310 v1 driving a C1100, and an IC-308 v2.1 driving a C1070, both with GAPPE enabled.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Good news. Your IC-308 v2.1 is FS-150 software, and you should be able to create Imageviewer curves, save them, and then apply them directly inside the job ticket--which you can then save as a preset or hotfolder.

Your IC-310 v1 is only FS-100 software. You can upgrade that to v2.1 to match your IC-308. Contact your KM sales organization.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

How? I have a FS150 with my xerox1000i but i don't see this option

Dan

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Maybe it's an FS-200 feature. But I thought it came about in FS-150.

If it's in FS-200, then no KM machine to date has that feature.

kmbs-dcd is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor kmbs-dcd is on a distinguished path

adam1991,

I must be overlooking an option somewhere. I can save the Image Viewer preset to reuse, and export/import it into another device, but I do not see a way to apply the correction to a job automatically. I can only apply the correction curve to a file which has been processed and held then opened in Image Viewer.

I can apply a saved Image Enhance Visual Editor setting in the job properties, but in my case the thing that needs adjusting is not an image, it is the result of a Pantone flood layer which cannot be corrected through IEVE.

So I must have been wrong--I though applying TRCs (ImageViewer curves) in the job ticket was an FS-150 feature, but it must be only FS-200 and up.

Default RE: Automating ImageViewer preset curve

Curve presets did not come until FS200. On FS200 system you can automate by applying the curve in a preset. You can then use the preset to create a hotfolder or virtual printer workflow.

~Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_P View Post
    Curve presets did not come until FS200. On FS200 system you can automate by applying the curve in a preset. You can then use the preset to create a hotfolder or virtual printer workflow.

~Lou
    Hi Lou,

I'm looking at the FS150 New Features Product Guide; in the Color and Image Quality section, page 10, it has a whole section for "Custom Curve Presets".

I did think that was an FS150 feature. Can anyone from EFI clarify? Is that perhaps on a vendor by vendor basis? Thanks.

Default RE: Automating ImageViewer preset curve

Hi Adam.

This is an error in the marketing materials. We planned the feature for FS-150 but when we started to build products with it we did not have the factory presets yet. This meant that early product testers were seeing a blank curves menu so for almost all FS150 products the feature was hidden. We re-exposed it in FS-200 when we had the presets so the menu is never blank. Sorry about that. ~Lou