Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: unable to change doc. size when sending Quark XPress 2015 documents to Fiery IC-308

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    Always make sure your software is completely up to date before troubleshooting.
    The one thing to note about that, however, is the 12.2.0.1 update is, for some reason, not published on Quark's website, and if AutoUpdate is broken (which seems to be a common thing from what I found), there was really no way to know that the software wasn't up today.

As you say, this problem was a bit tricky, as it was only the interaction between Quark and the Fiery driver that was messed up. It wasn't as cut and dried as these things usually are (like if if were doing this with all printers).

It wouldn't surprise me if Quark engineers did that bugfix for a specific customer and didn't feel it necessary to share it with the general public (for some reason), or they're holding it so they can roll it into a 12.3 update with other bugfixes.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McKinney View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Quark engineers did that bugfix for a specific customer and didn't feel it necessary to share it with the general public (for some reason), or they're holding it so they can roll it into a 12.3 update with other bugfixes.
    I agree.

It's silly that you can't go somewhere easy and find out the current version status of something like XPress, even if getting the current version requires that you contact them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3