Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS can not quit normally, only force quit works

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Default CWS can not quit normally, only force quit works

I have had this problem for some 5-6 months now. I start CWS and use it but when I try to quit the app it hangs and I have to force quit it.

It's been like this with previous versions of CWS 5 together with Mac OS X 10.8. I am now using latest CWS 5.5 and Mac OS X 10.9 and the problem is still here.

What should I do?

I've also been having a problem with not being able to quit CWS 5.5.0.35. This has only happened since I upgraded to MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and now I have to force quit CWS every time.

I am in the process of reinstalling the CWS software so I shall report back if I still have to force quit but somehow I doubt it.

David

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

@David

I reinstalled last week and it started working. I used the uninstall button first and then reinstalled it.

Now that I saw your post I started CWS just to make sure it's still working, and of course it is not. The crash on quit is back.

And I haven't even used the damn app!

Default Need help to replicate

Can anyone provide me with steps to replicate this issue?

I just installed 10.9, then the latest CWS from the web, and I can't see it hanging on quit. It sometimes takes a while to fully quit though.

If you open CWS, and connect to one server, then close CWS (without doing anything else) does the problem still occur? How long have you waited to see if it really is quitting in the background?

Also how many Fiery servers are in the server list in CWS?

Appreciate any info you can share,

G.

Hi Greta

Before I started this thread I did the quick start-stop-test you suggest. If the problem occurs directly after the app is started then something is def. wrong so then I decide to turn to the support forum for help.

I did the same test when I answered David and I did it once more now. Same result.

This time I opened the OS X Force Quit window first so I can see if the app is going away or turning red. When I quit the app it takes like 15-20 seconds and then it turns red (unresponsive). After that it just sits there indefinitely.

I have only one printer. A Xerox 560 with internal Fiery.

And I am not able to drop a PDF file (or import it). The animation in the footer showing a process taking place is not there.

I move the same pdf to an older Mac running 5.4. It is hooked up to the same printer. I drop the pdf and the printer starts printing directly.

So I'm still having problems quitting CWS 5.5.
    What's strange is that if I load up the app, and then immediately press Cmd Q to quit the app, it will shut down as it should. It's only when I connect to my KM-C6000 and actually print a job then try and quit CWS do I have the issue of it not closing down.

A side effect of this force quitting is that it has meant that on occasions booting up CWS the next day is not possible. The Dock light on the app in the Dock flashes once then goes off. Probably caused by a corruption in a necessary startup file? I have narrowed the offending file down to...

EFI Contextual Help Preferences
    or
    EFI Rel3.Fiery Command WorkStation.dj
    because CWS would then boot up if I deleted these files from my preferences folder on my Mac.

Iím guessing itís EFI Rel3.Fiery Command WorkStation.dj that is probably the offending file. and I'm pretty sure itís having to Force Quit CWS that is corrupting this file and preventing it from loading. If deleting this file hadnít have worked I probably would have had to reinstall.

This doesn't solve the problem of CWS 5.5 not quitting but at least it gets the app to load again without having to reinstall.

I really would like to resolve this problem as it takes up so much time and it's clearly not functioning properly.

David

I haven't tried deleting anything in the preferences folder, but CWS is not acting quite like that here. I have to force quit the app but I never see any problems restarting CWS again. I have tried this with OS X 10.9.1 today and the problem remains the same.

But... and now it gets interesting... I have seen the "force quit, refuse to restart" problem at home with other apps (I don't use CWS at home). So I'm guessing there is something wrong with OS X Mavericks.

So if the problem is of a more general kind perhaps EFI could find out more easily what this is?

Angry

Time flies ...

Now I'm at CWS version 5.6.0.24 and guess what?

I can't quit this app.

Neither can my colleague #1.

But collegue #2 can quit CWS.

Solutions???

Are there any plans to fix this problem?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast