Thread: Windows: Slow printing properties from applicat, but easly tempoary resolved with....

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

Default Windows: Slow printing properties from applicat, but easly tempoary resolved with....

Hi,

we have lots of customers complaning that after a while printing from windows applications becomes verry slow, opening file - print - properties take 10-15 sec
    this happens on different OS xp, windows 8 ,
    i have seen this on fiert drivers embed/external , 550, 770 , 700 ...

its verry easy fixed , what i do when it occurs

i open dirver properties, go to advanced, there i change the fiery driver to another one, generic for example, click apply, change back to fiery driver, apply and all fixed for a while

seems some kind of memory issue with the drivers?

thnx in advance

Hi Fabio,

There is a good chance that you are referring to the DST issue, addressed with the Xerox SPAR drivers and with the new Fiery Driver v5.

Can you please download and install the Fiery Driver 5 which is available here, and let us know the outcome. You'll find the release notes at the same location.

thanks,
    l-

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

can you explain me more about the DST issue?

DST refers to Daylight Saving Time, which occurs twice a year in Europe. In 2015, European Summer Time occurred on the 29th of March (clocks are advanced by one hour), and ended on 25th of October.

At DST change, Windows PS drivers were becoming slow and unresponsive... Several customers and products were impacted during the last DST time change. The problem has been fixed in Windows FD 5.0.

l-

thnx for the info