+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Color Click Results w/o Actually Printing

Hello again. We totally understand the request and I know it seems like a simple feature to add but it is more complicated than it seems.

We are working to add the feature to future products so you should hear more about that soon.

adause is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor adause is on a distinguished path

That will be a great day my friend lol

Appreciate the update, can hardly wait!

adause is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor adause is on a distinguished path

Hey Lou I was wondering if you have any updates on this function or not. Or is this just not even on the radar at this time?

Appreciate it as always

Default RE: Color Click Results w/o Actually Printing

Its on the radar but I have to ask to see where we are with it. Request is not forgotten doing this is more complicated that you would think. I'll update this thread when I have an outlook on if/when we can do it.

Hey Lou I was wondering if there has been any new developments on this? I mean is it even on the list of things to implement yet or has this been deemed not worthy for developement?

Thanks again

Default RE: Color Click Results w/o Actually Printing

Thanks for reminding me. It has not been forgotten but it is harder than it seems.

Because of the way the Fiery works we need to RIP the job all the way to see if we encounter any color content.

We keep shying away from this feature since if we had to RIP every job to tell you it would slow down our overall performance, but we did have some ideas how to optimize this so I will start the topic again with our technical people.

I'll try to come back to you with some outlook but the reality is if we do this it would only be for new Fierys - so you might have to be patient until you get it yourself.

Thanks Lou for the update and appreciate revisiting it with your team.

I would assume the operator would need to process the job first therefore that would not be a concern of mine, however I speak for myself.

It seems it would also have to account for the GCR settings on the respective RIP as well I would assume.

Anyways thanks again Lou, cheers

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Well, I'm waiting for such a feature for years... The interesting thing is that you can see the ripping results already if you've access to the Image Viewer feature. But you'll still have to click through every single page to see if there's only one "color" channel (=monochrome print). Maybe the IV team could simply automate this? ;-)

Or you give us API access to the ripping results in order to calculate it for ourselves...
    IC-306 v3.01 FS100 Pro / KM C6000, IC-308 v2.1 FS150 Pro / KM C71hc / SD-513, IC-414 / KM C754
    CWS 5.8 SP2, Windows 10 x64

+ Reply to Thread