Thread: Crash when trying to edit in Acrobat

Default Crash when trying to edit in Acrobat

This is on a brand new install of Fiery Central Server.

We installed latest version of CWS 5.7 on two workstations on Thursday. Activated Job Master - Impose on both, then installed the Enfocus software. One workstation was using Acrobat 9 so we uninstalled it first and allowed the CD to install Acrobat XI. Worked perfectly. The other workstation had Acrobat DC which caused the CD to skip the Acrobat install since it already had newer version. Worked perfectly.

The next day customer decided to upgrade the first workstation to Acrobat DC. Now when they right click a page in Job Master and select edit in Acrobat, CWS crashes with "That's awkward...." I have sent the report.

Here is what has been done so far.... Complete uninstall of anything Enfocus related, Deactivate license, Uninstall anything Fiery related. Then reinstall CWS, enable license again, install Pit Stop. Still crashes

Thumbs up Figured it out.

I uninstalled Enfocus Pit Stop(again) and Acrobat DC. Then downloaded the Adobe reader/acrobat cleaner utilities for 9.x, 10.x and up, and DC (3 separate utilities). Within these utilities there is a checkbox you need to uncheck to remove all registry settings to those versions. Reboot. Installed Acrobat DC then Pit Stop. Got a message that Distiller wasn't installed so I had to run Acrobat distiller standalone by itself because it does some final unpacking of sorts when run for the first time but after that the "Edit in Acrobat" feature worked again.
    Last edited by jrlarson67; 11-23-2015 at 03:31 PM.