Thread: Gloss/Shine Issue

Default Gloss/Shine Issue

Hello,

We have a problem with getting rid of the gloss or shine on printed jobs. This is not on a specific stock or job. Its just across the board. We want to able to get rid of gloss or adjust gloss level when needed. Is there anything we can do? Is there a setting?

Thanks!

It's the type of toner not the software.
    What printer are you using?

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

the longer the toner stays in the fuser and the higher the paper GSM rating you set it as the higher the fuser shine will be. If you have a way of speeding the print (?) or lowering the GSM rating of the paper (be careful, it might jam or worse), should reduce the glossyness. But as john@megacolour said it is the toner. Xerox 770 has matte toner whereas Xerox 1000 has gloss toner they look very different when printed. and i can't match 770 in matte look.

Dan

Thanks for the responses. This is on a Versant 80 with a Fiery. Is there anything specific to this model or is it just the digital press technology (toner)?

Default Glossy

I had a similar issue with a customers file. The file was Restaurants Placemats for Children to color. The job was too glossy so the kiddos couldn't color the placemats. I don't know what Fiery you have, but under the Image tab you can set Toner reduction to Draft Mode or Newsprint.

Quote Originally Posted by ziadtmustafa View Post
    Hello,

We have a problem with getting rid of the gloss or shine on printed jobs. This is not on a specific stock or job. Its just across the board. We want to able to get rid of gloss or adjust gloss level when needed. Is there anything we can do? Is there a setting?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what machine/Fiery do you have jgonzotx?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzotx View Post
    I had a similar issue with a customers file. The file was Restaurants Placemats for Children to color. The job was too glossy so the kiddos couldn't color the placemats. I don't know what Fiery you have, but under the Image tab you can set Toner reduction to Draft Mode or Newsprint.