Thread: vertical Lines printing across my book

Default vertical Lines printing across my book

I am printing a 7x8.5 book using 8.5x 14 90gsm paper and 8.5x14 300gsm paper as my cover. On my cover only, I am getting vertical lines all across the front and back of my book on the outside.
    I have Xerox Color C75 Press and using Work Command 5.7. Any ideals what might be causing this?
    Attached Images  

If you process and hold the job, then open it in Preview - do the lines show?

If not, then it's probably the engine adding them, book a service.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I've had these before. Those are the timing lines the printer puts at the edge outside of the paper that internal sensor reads to make sure all is ok. Two reasons at least i have found causing them: your width was not specified properly. If you say 11.5x18 and you print on 12x18 the printer will put them on it (Sometimes the printer cannot distinguish a half inch difference in paper width.), second would be needing service as the alignment sensors are off. Restarting may solve this. Verify that your paper settings are correct on the printer and the CWS and then try service.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    If you process and hold the job, then open it in Preview - do the lines show?

If not, then it's probably the engine adding them, book a service.

Thank you for your help. I did place a service call.