Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Matching FOGRA39 on Ricoh 9110

Lou..

Thanks for all your feedback. I have finally got some more time to finetune colors. I have created new profiles based on new calibration on 200dot. I started out with the Max GCR option. Neutrals are held neutral, but with the cost of some graininess. I made a profile with the Ricoh recommended settings and even the Generic CMYK settings. They both give more smooth and clear colors, but are not holding neutrals that great.

Any suggestions on profile settings that will hold the neutrals steady and not cause grain?

Default RE: Matching FOGRA39 on Ricoh 9110

Hi Lars.

This is a classic problem with GCR. The solution is to set max GCR, then go to the advanced black controls and change the black start. Max GCR starts it at 0. try setting the start to 20 to see if you keep the grays but get the graininess out. If not try 30.

Thank you Lou. What do you suggest the profile to based on? Default Ricoh settings or Default CMYK printer? Toner printer? What TAC

in the separation settings window, connect to Fiery and load the Ricoh factory profile for a paper most like the one you are profiling ie. coated, heavy coated, etc.

This gives you all the settings our experts used to make the factory profile Ricoh approved. This will include TAC etc. Max GCR adjusts some of these settings but not in a way that will degrade the image quality except for graininess as you say and in some cases too much contract. If you see too much contrast with Max GCR turn the K generation down to 85-90.

Lou...

Thanks for the tip. It worked out nice. Colors have never looked this good.
    We have 3 9110s. One of them had some banding issues so we called support. They looked into the issue and noticed we had made new profiles. They claim that 200dot is not recomended and in fact should not be available. Ricoh says there are known issues with the 200dot screnning.
    Why has EFI made the default profiles with 200dot+fine screening and why did Idealliance certifiy the press based on this screening if Ricoh says it should not be used?

http://www.idealliance.org/sites/def...10%20v01_0.pdf

Confused...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2