Thread: Is there a command line option to uninstall Fiery drivers for OS X?

Default Is there a command line option to uninstall Fiery drivers for OS X?

The new Fiery drivers for OS X 10.11 El Capitan state that older Fiery drivers need to be uninstalled before installing the new drivers. Otherwise there will be some problems. The uninstaller is of course a part of the driver download, but it's all GUI.

Is there a way to uninstall Fiery drivers through the command line silently? It is not feasible to uninstall old drivers on 400+ computers.

Angry

Can anyone in EFI respond to this please? I've been trying with my Canon rep since EFI won't deal with their customers directly. He's been helpful in trying to get me in touch with the right people or get me some technical information, but EFI isn't providing him with any further information. How can a company like EFI provide instructions that are impractical in an enterprise setting? EFI does realize that their customers are in the enterprise and not your average joe, right? Manually running an uninstaller on each machine is not an enterprise friendly solution. I'm a rather frustrated EFI customer.....

Attached is a technote, detailing how to use Fiery Software Uninstaller via command line.

FSU (Silent) CommandLine.pdf

Smile

Greta_C: I just wanted to offer a big thank you. This was exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully others can benefit from this as well.

You're welcome, we're glad to be of help