+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any plans on GO supporting bustled servers?

borgwarrior is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor borgwarrior is on a distinguished path

Default Any plans on GO supporting bustled servers?

As the title suggests.

I own a KM C70hc, with a IC-306 (System 9R2) and a KM C6000 with an E-100-02 (System 9).
    Thankfully, I'm able to use Go with the 306, but with the E-100, since it doesnt utilize the Fiery API, I cannot, and this makes an awkward situation.

My question is, that bustled server support is planned, or in the pipeline, or I should forget about it?

Thanks,
    Zoltan

Quote Originally Posted by borgwarrior View Post
    As the title suggests.

I own a KM C70hc, with a IC-306 (System 9R2) and a KM C6000 with an E-100-02 (System 9).
    Thankfully, I'm able to use Go with the 306, but with the E-100, since it doesnt utilize the Fiery API, I cannot, and this makes an awkward situation.

My question is, that bustled server support is planned, or in the pipeline, or I should forget about it?

Thanks,
    Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you for using Fiery Go. As you have found out, Fiery Go requires Fiery API that runs on System 9R2 or newer (including embedded). We currently do not support Fiery API running on any systems prior to System 9R2.

That said, I do understand your awkward situation. It would make a lot of sense being able to manage both your Fierys via Fiery Go. An unsupported alternative would be going to developer.efi.com and use the Fiery API installer to install Fiery API to your E-100 (System 9). This installer will not have the same constraints as the installer from FEA 4.3 and you should be able to install it on your Fiery. I have heard that it worked with System 9 embedded with another customer.

Hope that helps!
    Anthony
    Last edited by Anthony.L; 10-27-2015 at 11:33 AM.

borgwarrior is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor borgwarrior is on a distinguished path

Anthony,

Will try the suggested workaround first thing in the morning, thanks for the tip! And naturally will reply with the results as well.

Zoltan

Time for the report back.

It connects, thank you! But, for the record, even with the API installed on the E-100, the intergration tool doesn't show it as installed.

Edit: When Go is connected, I'm starting to get Fiery.exe errors, and have to manually restart the server. Can post error logs, if interested.
    Last edited by borgwarrior; 10-28-2015 at 12:33 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by borgwarrior View Post
    Time for the report back.

It connects, thank you! But, for the record, even with the API installed on the E-100, the intergration tool doesn't show it as installed.

Edit: When Go is connected, I'm starting to get Fiery.exe errors, and have to manually restart the server. Can post error logs, if interested.
    Glad it works! I am interested in looking at the specific errors you are getting.

I have made an error dump, will PM you the google drive link of it.

+ Reply to Thread