Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem installing a Fiery Patch.

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

Default Problem installing a Fiery Patch.

Hey all, I am having a problem with a Fiery system, 2 actually. The are both Xerox 770 with a Fiery Ex770. Now I have gone through and installed the updates but there is one problem. One patch doesnt seem to fit in or stick.

That is the patch: FIT192632.

Ive tried both manual installation and fiery system update installation but with no luck.

This is the only patch that is missing.

Another problem which might be connected with this issue is that at a current state, I cannot launch configure. It gives me an error: To use Fiery Configure you must first enable web tools. Now when I enter the ip address of the machine I get "Not found" error. I am not sure if this is Java related or not. But any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

would like to point out I am running on the latest version of cws.

tried the agali method with no luck

and I cannot start the apache service, it keeps crashing, The current versions is 1.3.00.29

the patch that wont install is supposed to update Apache,
    "Apache version is upgraded to 2.2.25."

but it cannot be installed, maybe I should install all the patches before I update CWS to 5.7?

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I am assuming that the pre req patches are installed in the correct order ?

The following prerequisites must be installed in the order specified before applying the FIT192632.exe patch:

1-1ERXYY
    1-1EJ4XS
    1-1HI0RN
    1-1I01RA
    1-1HMC7W
    1-1IA9Z5
    1-1IAVQ4
    1-1IGWVW
    1-1IQWR8
    1-1IIB8V
    1-1J4FMB
    1-1JGAXY
    1-1IZCJS
    1-1J9EV5
    1-1JSCWS
    1-1KFFQR
    FIT129795
    FIT200396
    FIT204729

If you are still having problems - you will probably end up having to do a scrape reload & then redo the patches. FYI FIT 204729 is the fix for the Java Issue that might be the cause of your issue mentioned in your OP..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

hi again, I can verify that all those patches are installed.

my only guess I have left is for me to install the patches before updating the CWS.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Nope - CWS will not make any difference - reload from scratch - then system patch & then update CWS - in that order - it will work ! did it this morning - let us know how you get on..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

ah, so you ran into problems as well?

well, after installing the system updates before updating CWS seemed to do the magic

I reverted to a clone before I started doing anything

uhm ok....this seems to be very serious....every time I restart the Fiery I need to uninstall and reinstall the agali software???

is there a SP on the way for the CWS? Or a fix?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast