Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Problem installing a Fiery Patch.

Stonemask,

That is not expected behavior. We included a fix for a similar Agali issue in SP1 for CWS 5.7 - did you check Fiery Software Manager, to see if there was an update available?

If so, and you have all the updates, then you could try the latest sustaining release.

It's on our download center, as below.

Name:  Sustaining in download center.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  75.5 KB

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

hi again, no patch is available...all installed.

and the FEA is version 405

problem still persists

Mate that must be driving you crazy - sorry to hear it's still a problem.

Would you be open to a webex meeting with our engineers, so we could look into the problem? If so, please send me a PM with your email, timezone and a convenient time window for a call.

Thanks,

Greta.

stonemask,

I haven't heard from you so I hope the problem has resolved itself?

If not, on the Fiery showing the issue, can you let us know the contents of the following folder (screenshot will do):
    E:\EFI\server\patch

And if there's a log file in there, please grab it and send it to me.

Thanks,
    Greta.

stonemask is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor stonemask is on a distinguished path

Hi again, sorry. Iīve been really busy as of late and havenīt gotten to it yet. Was gonna send you regarding a webex meeting that it must wait until january since christmas season is starting and the client doesnt have the time to make such arrangements at the moment.

I will however on my next visit do as you ask in retaining a log file and a screenshot.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Good to see that is not too much of a problem - hopefully in January when you have the time - I look forward to the post.. - realistically there are not many manufacturers of any sort - that have this kind of forum - much least then offer to webex with their guys to try & solve your problem - & "you'll touch base" in January.. - Really..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 11-24-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

hi again, it is actually a very annoying problem, this client has 2 machines and because of this issue, we have CWS 5.7 on one machine and 5.2 on the other because of the local scan option. itīs just a very busy season at the moment so itīs hard to devote some time to this atm.

anyway, am sending the log file to greta

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I do think you have missed the point - this is an issue on, let's face it, a less than new product - which only you have the issue with ? and you have chased the post - you have a manufacturer which because of your post ( I am making an assumption - that Xerox is not in the loop - owing to a lack of service contract ? ) offers to webex & help try & sort out your problem - but you are are a little tied up until January ? do you not see how that post comes across ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by stonemask View Post
    we have CWS 5.7 on one machine and 5.2 on the other because of the local scan option.
    What do you mean by local scan option?

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    I do think you have missed the point - this is an issue on, let's face it, a less than new product - which only you have the issue with ? and you have chased the post - you have a manufacturer which because of your post ( I am making an assumption - that Xerox is not in the loop - owing to a lack of service contract ? ) offers to webex & help try & sort out your problem - but you are are a little tied up until January ? do you not see how that post comes across ?
    yeah sorry about that, the customer is very happy about it but now is it a good time to do it since christmas season is starting, but I am extremely grateful that they are offering a webex session to solve the problem.

What do you mean by local scan option?
    I mean that you scan to the Fiery, then you type the ip on the fiery and download the document from there. Itīs how they have been doing it since they got the machine. I have added scan to smb directly on both machines, but they keep on holding to old habits. and once I installed the latest CWS update, then it was no longer possible to access it, sure the customer can live with it and will then be forced to use the other option, but not being able to use configure is a major problem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast