Thread: Drag n Drop issue

Default Drag n Drop issue

Drag n drop in command workstation has stopped working after updating Yosemite to 10.10.5. Reinstalled command workstation but to no avail. Any ideas.
    Last edited by Mickyh99; 09-17-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Answer: install 5.3 older version of workstation back on . Don't use 5.7. Fixes everything.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

5.3 is a horrible version. Don't go back.

Anyway, I discovered something today that may be relevant. On a Fiery Central server that's connected to the corporate network, the user's IT staff has his user login set up as non-administrator. He logs in as himself, but he can't launch CWS. It blinks and goes back. The only way to launch CWS is to right click it and "run as administrator".

This isn't a problem, since the Fiery Central isn't on the domain. But because the user is only a user on the network, he can't drag and drop files onto the CWS that was "run as administrator".

I strongly suspect this is not unlike what's happening on Macintosh. Given how Apple is changing the system level protections on Mac OS regularly, and given that 10.10 really upped the game--and 10.11 went even higher--I suspect that something is going on at that system protection level, something that's interfering with CWS's ability to do the drag-n-drop.

Greta? Anyone?

I agree, don't go back.
    We've got thousands of users running CWS 5.7 on 10.10 quite happily, and enjoying all the new functionality we've built into it.

I have seen a case where CWS wouldn't accept a drag and drop, and that was because another CWS dialog box was open in the background.

E.g. In CWS, click the + to connect to another server. Now alt+tab out of CWS, go to finder, try to drag a PDF onto the hold queue. It's blocked, because the 'Connect to server' box is in the background. Answer is obviously close the dialog.

However I'm guessing this isn't your issue. If you are running CWS as Admin, and relaunch hasn't fixed then I'd recommend a re-install. Remove all Fiery apps first using Fiery Software uninstaller (comes with latest package in download center), then install.

Note for Tech Support, and people troubleshooting:
    As of August, we are now posting Sustaining releases in the download center. This means there's a bucket load of bugs we've fixed, and included in a new version of the package for you to download. As the bugs are not big showstoppers (and won't affect everyone) we aren't pushing updates via Fiery Software Manager, as that would just be annoying for most. Instead we post a sustaining release, along with release notes on what we've fixed.
    While your drag and drop issue isn't one of the issues we've addressed (as yours is the first report) it wouldn't hurt to try the latest package.
    Last edited by Greta_C; 10-01-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Here's where to find the latest package in the download center.

Name:  Sustaining in download center.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  75.5 KB

I posted this in the windows thread and saw this after.

I'm having the same issue. I'm running OS X El Capitan, I've had this problem before I upgraded.

Mac Specs:
    3.2GHz i5
    24GB Ram
    1TB Fusion Drive

CWS Version 5.7.0.29

When I drag and drop it the whole program flashes and if I try to quit CWS it says Actions are still in progress and will not be saved and then I get a message saying CWS quit unexpectedly with a long bug report.