Thread: Fiery for Canon C5235i on Mac Installation Question

Default Fiery for Canon C5235i on Mac Installation Question

I have download CN_imagePASS_B2_v1_0R_FD50_v1.dmg from the EFI site and successfully installed it on a Mac running Yosemite (also tested on Mavericks with the same result). After the installation there are no clues as to how to connect the Fiery drivers to an actual printer! I have only done Windows installations and they always prompt to add the printer at the end of the install, but for Mac the install just ends. I have tried adding a printer but there are no Fiery options listed and if I try to associate an existing printer with Fiery software there is none listed. Please can someone point me in the direction of how to associate the Fiery software with the C5235i? Many thanks in advance.

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

You can try the below steps.

1) Double click the Fiery Printer Driver.pkg
    2) Follow the on-screen instructions
    3) Go to system Preferences->Printers & scanners
    4) click on Add printer(+), enter the Fiery IP address
    5) Select Software and select the printer software from the list
    6) Click on "OK" and Add
    7) Select the printer installed options and complete the installation
    8) Open any File and click on Print and select the above installed printer
    9) Select "Fiery Features" from the drop down in Print window.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    Attached Images    

Unhappy Half working

Thanks Ranjitha,

That worked on one of the two MACs. One of them had the "Canon iR-ADV C5200s-B2 PS V1.0" driver and I was able to add the printer using this "Software" and access the Fiery options just as you suggested. But on the other machine it only offers me "Generic PCL Driver" as the default when I add the printer and then I go to Software the printer model is not listed. I went to the Canon site and downloaded the driver - but rather than a printer driver it was a Fiery driver but when I try to install it the package does nothing (launches briefly then exits) even run from a Mac administrator account. I found the original DVD that came with the printer but the software will not install from that as it says it is not compatible with the OS X version.

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

You have mentioned "I went to the Canon site and downloaded the driver"

Please download the driver CN_imagePASS_B2_v1_0R_FD50_v1.dmg from the EFI site and install it.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.