Thread: Yellow Tint on Images

Default Yellow Tint on Images

Hi Gang,

Big thanks for taking your time to read my post and a thumbs up for answering in advance!

Any images or transparent backgrounds have a yellow tint when printed with the Fiery. I've calibrate several profiles from CMYK ISO and FULL to RGB Fiery RGB v5 and Absolute Colorimetric but no luck. I've also checked 'Spot color matching' but no changes there.

We have a Xerox 7835, ES200 Fiery with a EFI ES-1000 calibration tool. The Fiery seems to have been set up incorrectly and I am tempted to start from scratch and tweak it. I have workstation installed but by simply visiting the HTTP page the server name seems to be incorrect. not sure if the Fiery thinks it is a 7855? The character set is Macintosh but the majority of our systems are Windows with only three apple computers in the whole office. Apologies, I have digressed!

The Driver currently seems to be a Xerox WC 7800-7970 EFI. EFI version 4.8 and driver version 10.0.1.0586. I have not yet updated the driver, is it recommended to do so?

Many thanks,

Daniel

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

There could be many things preventing the Fiery from achieving the results you are expecting. Let's start with understanding your print workflow. Do you use Command Workstation to print jobs or the supplied print driver? If you are mainly using a print driver, have you checked to ensure driver and source application color management is turned off if you are relying on Fiery for color management? Also, what are the default CMYK and RGB settings for your Fiery?

Tip = If using Absolute Colorimeteric, Fiery should be honoring the white point in RGB Source Profile used for the job. This could be a reason why you see a yellowish tint.

Tip = If you are mainly printing office graphics, then it is ok to leave the Fiery with its factory RGB settings: Fiery RGB/Presentation. If you are mainly printing images, I'd suggest looking into setting your Fiery's RGB defaults to sRGB/Photographic. < - This is just a personal suggestion.
    Victor Ibarra
    Fiery Lead QA Engineer - Color & Imaging

Hi Victor!

You are so right! Absolute Colorimetric was applying the yellow tints! As soon as I switched to Presentation the problems went away!

Current CYMK and RGB EFI Fiery settings are ISO Uncoated FORGRA28L/FULL and RGB/Presentation.

Is the CYMK setting suitable? It works absolutely fine as is but if you an alternative for the CUMK I'd give it a go!

Many many thanks!

Daniel

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

Glad to see that you narrowed it down to the Rendering Intent.

When we develop a print server, we configure it with certain default settings so that out-of-the-box experience produces quality prints without needing to know or manage color feature settings. So, you typical RGB and CMYK jobs should print with good quality with the factory defaults for the color features.

Each CMYK source profile just follows a certain standard for producing CMYK. Either of the CMYK source profiles that comes with your product should produce adequate color.

If you require prints to be at a higher level of quality or a particular color response, Fiery offers support for that - from server calibration to using custom printer profiles to using different resolutions and halftone screens. EFI has information at www.efi.com to help Fiery users take color to the next level.
    Victor Ibarra
    Fiery Lead QA Engineer - Color & Imaging