Thread: Gradations & Transparency are not smooth in Fiery IC-413

Default Gradations & Transparency are not smooth in Fiery IC-413

Hi,
    KM-6000 + IC-413 (internal Fiery)+CWS (5.7.0.29a)+system 9

After we have reinstalled Fiery System software on IC-413 , Gradations & Transparency & not printed smooth on KM-6000, instead of smooth gradation, steps are visible & for soft feathering it is like a hard box. I am wondering what went wrong ? Any Patches to install or are we forgetting some setting to enable in Fiery or CWS :confused
    Attached Images    

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Step 1 is making sure the engine is linearized properly; do you have a relay unit on that C6000?

Step 2 (step 1 if no relay unit) is proper calibration, ideally with a custom output profile. When you reloaded the Fiery, did you put back any and all customizations?

thanks for the reply, i will check the calibration

Thanks adam1991,
    I have calibrated fiery twice, but no improvement in results.
    I asked my services guy, but he has no solution just one more calibration.
    How do i check my print engine is linearized properly ? & how to check for relay unit on that C6000?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

The relay unit, if you have one, sits between the engine and the finisher. It decurls the paper, and has CDC sensors in it. If you have a relay unit and you see the rectangular plate on top, that's where the CDC sensors live.

If CDC is turned on, you will periodically see CDC sheets come out to the top tray.

If it's not turned on, then the engine isn't linearized.

All of this is moot if you don't have a relay unit.

But back to calibration: are you positive you're using the calbration you're creating? You may not be, if you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle lined up correctly.

Kevin Hayes is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kevin Hayes is on a distinguished path

I am feeling it is calibration related too.
    Have you tried calibrating with another device?

If this fails, then I would reinstall the Fiery again,maybe it did not take properly. Test it BEFORE patching to see what is up.

ColorQA_Victor is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor ColorQA_Victor is on a distinguished path

What measurement device are you using for Fiery calibration? The engine's scanner (Colorcal method) or a spectrophotometer? Is your job processing with the targeted output profile? When you calibrate the Fiery, you first select what we call a cal set/calibration set. When you complete the calibration process, the calibration curve that is generated is associated to an output profile. You have to use that profile if you want to take advantage of the calibration. To see what cal sets are associated to what output profiles, go to Command Workstation > Device Center > Resources > Profiles to look at the associations.

Checking engine and Fiery linearization is the first step in narrowing down situations like this.

I hope you can quickly find a solution.
    Victor Ibarra
    Fiery Lead QA Engineer - Color & Imaging