Thread: IC-415 shift image via CorelDraw

Default IC-415 shift image via CorelDraw

Hi All,

Printing directly from CorelDraw X7 all files from page #2 comes out with the image shifted for 8mm (+/-)
    I have tried to print with and without using the PPD, with the same result.
    IC-415 V.2.0
    Exporting PDF no problem.

Appreciate any hints and tips.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Make sure all software patches are installed.

Frankly, this sounds like Corel doing something wrong in the Postscript.

Exporting to PDF is one process; instead of that, try printing to a Postscript file and running that through Distiller. What does the PDF look like?

Thanks Adam for your reply.

To my knowledge there are no further patches on top of V2.0 yet (well, basically there are couple but nothing related with this issue at all).

Is a known issue on Fiery/Xerox product and as far as I know a patch was developed.
    I will check the ps though.
    Cheers.

Default Image shift issue

Are you using a paper catalog entry when experiencing this 8mm image shift issue?
    If so reset the paper settings for the paper tray then reselect the paper catalog entry and see if that works.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

yeah, absolutely. Try undefining a paper tray on the engine and then print to the engine using tray/size/weight/coating settings directly and leave paper catalog to "none defined" and see what happens.

And by the way, this could still be a "feature" of CorelDraw that Xerox chose to address inside the Fiery just to take care of the problem.

If that's the case, then it would be up to KM to do the same thing. That process would start with you placing a service call and having the service organization open a ticket.

Hi All,

just to make you all aware that EFI has developed a patch to solve this issue.

Patch # FIT101106510.ps

Regards