Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiery Location lost connection

Default Fiery Location lost connection

Our JobFlow workstation has lost network connectivity to our Fiery System 9 Rel 2 server through Fiery JobFlow Locations. (all other locations are good)
    This Fiery server is available through Command Workstation 5.7, via pinging the IP, and navigating to the IP address in any browser takes us to the Fiery Server Webtools Home page.
    I.e., we can find nothing wrong IT-wise on our end.

Did you try to go to Locations, Fiery and re-test the connection?

Yes, it reads 'Fiery or Fiery Central server is unavailable.'
    We also restarted the browser and restarted the JobFlow PC.

That's not good. We will reach out to you via email to see what's going on. I assume nothing changed on the Fiery?

No changes to Fiery - we can access it multiple ways as mentioned in my opening post - really strange.

OK, I shut down the JobFlow PC (instead of just restarting), booted up, and now the connection is back.
    Oh, and I installed the latest version of Java...

Updated Java on the Fiery or on the JobFlow server? Confused as well...
    --
    Hans

I installed the Java update on the JobFlow server - I don't believe that is at all related to the problem, so that was a lame attempt at humor.

Default Similar problem

I've experienced a similar problem with locations no longer being connected. Both with Fiery Servers and frequently with Fiery Central (which is where JobFlow is installed - so it is losing the connection to the server it is running on).
    I have not found a sure-fire way to fix it. At least the last 2 times it has happened I've had to restart and/or completely power-cycle the server 2-3 times to get all the connections back. Struggling with this at the moment, in fact.

Default Fiery server reboot - re-establishes connection

I have a client who is using job flow with the maximum number of default workflows in the configuration file. This has not yet been increased.

They are saying that they regularly loosing connection with errors to jobs being submitted to the Fiery FS150.

This one device sits on a different sub-net and IP range to all of the other devices on their network including the JobFlow server. There are two RIP's at site using the JobFlow server.

A Tracert lookup to the one with issues results in multiple network hops (4) while the other Fiery on the same network only takes (1) with low times to respond at say 1ms.

Is there specific timers that can be adjusted in the config file to space out the polling on smart folders and also timeouts to extent to possibly aid in a successful transfer to the RIP?

Also

Is there a way errored jobs could be re-submitted on the user interface?

Thanks,
    Dean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast