Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fiery Location lost connection

Default Reboot the Fiery or Check the Sub-net?

Quote Originally Posted by printmeister View Post
    Yes, it reads 'Fiery or Fiery Central server is unavailable.'
    We also restarted the browser and restarted the JobFlow PC.
    I have heard of this issue from a client and their Fiery connection was across a different IP range. They may have had it shifted into the same range as all of the other devices now?

It was being resolved by rebooting the Fiery controller, I believe this may be sending advertising packets on the network which perhaps re-establishes it's connection with the Fiery JobFlow server. Jobs then process as normal.

I suspect rebooting the JobFlow server or restarting JobFlow services may have a similar effect but have not tested it.

Dean, thanks for reaching out. If possible I would like to have someone from the team have a look at the system. These types of errors should not occur and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please leave your contact details with me at hans.sep[at]efi.com and we will take the necessary next steps. Thanks.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

Quote Originally Posted by dedelman View Post
    I have a client who is using job flow with the maximum number of default workflows in the configuration file. This has not yet been increased.

They are saying that they regularly loosing connection with errors to jobs being submitted to the Fiery FS150.

This one device sits on a different sub-net and IP range to all of the other devices on their network including the JobFlow server. There are two RIP's at site using the JobFlow server.

A Tracert lookup to the one with issues results in multiple network hops (4) while the other Fiery on the same network only takes (1) with low times to respond at say 1ms.

Is there specific timers that can be adjusted in the config file to space out the polling on smart folders and also timeouts to extent to possibly aid in a successful transfer to the RIP?

Also

Is there a way errored jobs could be re-submitted on the user interface?

Thanks,
    Dean

I'm kicking the tires on JobFlow right now and coming across the same issue. Jobs will fail going to the output (Fiery version 5.8) on a different network IP addresses. Testing the connection under Locations will tell me it's unavailable.

Putting the IP address back in as if I'm setting up a new location will result in a successful test. I'll hit update, but that's as far as it goes. Any attempts to run a job will fail on output.

Hi strido, is the Fiery on a completely different subnet?
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow

Yes it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2