Thread: JobFlow Limits

Default JobFlow Limits

I must say that our staff is pretty excited about the JobFlow possibilities.

We have many FTP folders for our customers - what are the practical limits of JobFlow as far as creating Locations and Workflows? E.g., could we create 500 Locations, Workflows and External Reviewer Users?

I will need to reach out to the team to check what our current constraints are. We usually apply limits for the sake of keeping JobFlow as usable and simple as possible not because the technology limits us from doing this. Is 500 really the number you're considering?
    --
    Hans, Product Manager Fiery JobFlow

I was exaggerating for effect

But we do have around 160 FTP customers. Really, having a location for each of these is not necessary, as a prepress operator could simply retrieve an FTP file and drop it into a workflow location.
    We can however, create FTP locations in JobFlow for our busiest FTP customers.

And I am looking at the concept of creating a single location feeding a 'file filter' workflow that would move files into other specific workflows and outputs based on size, page count, and preflight pass or fail.
    Unfortunately, because our production protocol requires all files to have our job number as a prefix, none of the workflow outputs would be passed directly to a Fiery device - operators would rename a copy of the original file, rename the imposed file and drop it into Command Workstation.

Having too many workflows would be difficult to manage, as workflows cannot currently be sorted (that would be a great feature).

I know this is off-subject, but is all the file processing done in the JobFlow software?
    Last edited by printmeister; 08-20-2015 at 05:51 AM.

Be careful what you wish for ;-) To answer your question: yes all files are processed on the JobFlow server and yes we are seriously improving workflow management in our next release.

You can route jobs based on properties you mentioned using the move or copy rules in JobFlow to minimize the number of workflows you need for your customers. I'll follow up via email with further details.
    --
    Hans

I understand - thanks again Hans, and I will look for an email.