Thread: Final Step in Creating Output Profile

Hybrid View

Default Final Step in Creating Output Profile

Hello,

My questions is about the final step in creating a custom output profile after naming the profile, calibrating, measuring the patches, and so forth. The last step asks to select the media type that we would like to apply our profile/calibration to. My question is do we even have to select a media type? If so, which one do we select? Lets say I was calibrating and profiling for plain paper, do I need to select plain from the options? To me it sounds like selecting the media type will make this calibration/profile the media for every type of plain paper (or whatever type we select).

Thanks

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Its been awhile for me but i believe that it is asking which output profile you wish to attach that new calibration profile to. As i learned recently you must have at least one output profile using that created calibration profile for it to exist. for instance i created sdp200 for my 200 dot and replaced all of my 'digital' calibrations which also used 200 dot but was created wrong. when i got to last output profile to switch it warned me that i should have at least one profile with 'digital'. If i switched it out it would be lost.

Dan

Default RE: Final Step in Creating Output Profile

No, you don't have to.

This is only if you want to use media defined profiles for automtatice selection. You can always assign or re-assign this later in resources-> Profiles in Command Workstation Device Center.

~lou

Quote Originally Posted by ziadtmustafa View Post
    Hello,

My questions is about the final step in creating a custom output profile after naming the profile, calibrating, measuring the patches, and so forth. The last step asks to select the media type that we would like to apply our profile/calibration to. My question is do we even have to select a media type? If so, which one do we select? Lets say I was calibrating and profiling for plain paper, do I need to select plain from the options? To me it sounds like selecting the media type will make this calibration/profile the media for every type of plain paper (or whatever type we select).

Thanks