Thread: Deactivate License CPS 3.1

Default Deactivate License CPS 3.1

I have to move CPS 3.1 to a new PC. How can I deactivate the license on the old PC so I can get it moved over?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Isn't your CPS licensed via the spectro itself?

The spectro serial number gets licensed for a specific major version of CPS, and the spectro becomes the dongle for the software.

Therefore, anywhere you plug in the dongle, the software is enabled.

So install CPS 3 onto your new computer and plug in your spectro. What happens?

You may have to go to EFI's licensing portal to download a license file for the new PC, but again that license file exists and is based on the spectro serial number.

This mechanism makes it easy to have CPS installed on multiple computers for your convenience. Whichever computer you need to use, just plug in the spectro and go.

I will take this opportunity to tell you, you really should upgrade to version 4.7. Compared to version 3, it rocks.

whenit was first installed we had to get a license file to put on the desktop to activate CPS, that was tied to the Enablement No and the ES-1000. I'm just not sure whats going to happen file I try to reuse that license on another machine. I theory it sounds like it should work.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Yes, it will work. The license file defines the spectro serial it needs to see and the license conditions for that spectro serial number.

Put that license file on as many computers as you like along with CPS 3.1. CPS will work only when that spectro is plugged in. The first time you do it on any computer you have have to activate the license that's on the desktop, but that's a one-time thing. The license file doesn't need to live on the desktop.

Default RE: Deactvate License CPS 3.1

No need to deactivate. It follows the device as Adam describes. If the machines are on the internet CPS should pull it form there as needed so no need to move the license around and activate on each computer.

~Lou