Thread: Fiery prints black text out of CMYK on reverse of sheet - HELP!

Default Fiery prints black text out of CMYK on reverse of sheet - HELP!

I have a Bizhub C451 and I am printing through a Fiery from a Mac using OS X 10.6.8.

I have an A3 sheet with colour and black text on both sides. There is a graphic on the pouter side that is black only - created as a grayscale jpg / tiff/ bitmap (tried all versions).

I printed the inner first and it is perfectly fine. When I print the outer for some reason the text prints out of 4-colour and the mono graphic also prints out of 4-colour even though that and the main text are black only (100%k). The colour text on both sides is fine, there is no deviation.

I am using the Fiery 50-45c-KM-Colorplus profile. I have tried the others and messed about with pure black,rich black, etc; I have turned off the RGB and CMYK setting sin the "Gray and Black" in colour management, but still no joy.

I am desperate as I cannot find the answer and am falling behind with work.

PLEASE, PLEASE< can anyone help me?

C

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

do you have image viewer?

Dan

SeanRyder is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor SeanRyder is on a distinguished path

Have you tried checking the composite overprint box under the color tab I believe. This has worked for me often in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post

Dan
    Dan,

I cannot find that in my Workstation (version 5.3.1.32d).

C

Quote Originally Posted by StarDigital View Post

Dan
    I downloaded the latest Fiery 5.7 and Image Viewer is in the foler of apps, but I cannot get it to load the file I printed.

It says I can control click the job that was printed and choose image viwer from the menu list that appears, but it isn't in there.

How do I install it to work with the Command Workstation App?

BD((
    Last edited by Barnabus.repro; 07-14-2015 at 05:05 AM.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

image viewer is accessed through CWS and it came with CWS 5.4 and up i believe. Right click on a ripped job and it should be there. From there you can view the finalized image that the printer will print, including the CMYK separations ('clear' for some printers) and be able to turn them off and on to reveal certain problems. Like for me when crop marks should be black yet come out CMYK black i turn off black and it reveals the location of all CMY.

If it doesn't show up, then you might not have the correct package. Look through the forum with the image viewer as a topic to find out more.

dan

Kevin Hayes is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Kevin Hayes is on a distinguished path

Go to your colour settings and alter the settings for black/greyscale on the bottom left. Either cmyk or rgb, depending on your original file's colorspace.

Create a PDF of the file and check what the values are in Acrobat Pro.

IMPORT the pdf into the fiery.

If you are "printing" the file it sounds like colour management is on.

Just a thought.

I have tried that and the black is 100%k, no other colour, but even when I import the pdf it still prints out of CMYK.

I am working on a Mac so could that be why I cannot see the Image Viewer in the hold menu when I Control Click?

Ok try this:

Set your default color to the profile you are using for your PDF file. Then go into spot colors and if you haven't already made a custom folder create one. Inside that folder create a spot color named "Black" put it down as 0,0,0,100 re-rip your file and see if that solved things. I found that sometimes people create in their PDF a spot Black rather than just 0,0,0,100 Having CWS with Spot colors on will read this as a spot color rather than interpreting it as CMYK black. Not sure why.

Dan

Smile Found the solution . . . .

Finally . . I had to make sure in the Workstation that black was pure black and set as overprint foe text . . PHEW!!!

Thanks for all the help and pointers.

regards

C