+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halftone Dot/Screen Question

Post Halftone Dot/Screen Question

Hello,

I was wondering if I can get any recommendations when it comes to halftone settings, especially in relation to calibration. Does the “enhanced text and graphics” give good results or should we use a specific dot setting such as 150 dot or 200 dot? Also, any elaboration on the difference between the “Printer screen mode” and “Halftone Simulation” options would be greatly appreciated.

If I can get any documentation on this as well, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Ziad

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

In my experience there 200 rotated is the best. i've worked with: 175 dot, 200 line, 200 dot, 300 dot, and a couple weird sounding ones. They are named according to how many toner dots are placed in a certain area and the angles of the 4 CMYK lasers. (i.e. __ \ | /) 200 line parrellels the dots and provides a nice smooth edge with the line but at an angle to it it will cause jagged edging. 200 Dot is great for smooth transitions and photos. 175 dot is ok for screens. I notice that a company we UV coated for had an IGen that printed 175 dot and the dots were easily seen. 300 dot and 600 dots are normally out of most older printers capabilities. Once i tried a 300 dot made lines in the grey that happened when the dots were too close together. But the printer i'm using right now (Xerox 1000) is capable of it and produces a nice coverage without the dots being easily seen, almost film photo quality.

Dan

Thank you Dan! Appreciate your input.

+ Reply to Thread