+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Post /live/api/v1/jobs

bmacombe is offline Fiery Certified Professional bmacombe is on a distinguished path

Default Post /live/api/v1/jobs

Hello,

I've been playing with the API and have most of the simple get/post calls I need working. But I would like to be able to upload a job using the post method on jobs. But I'm having trouble with this and the documentation doesn't provide an example.

Using C# I tried using the same syntax as the login example, but I keep getting a 400 error back. Could you help with what I might be missing. I'm loading a PDF file as the file bytes and the queue param is the factory hold queue for the printer. I otherwise use the same code to post this json to the server as the login method.

var loadJson = newJObject { { "file", fileBytes }, { "queue", logicalPrinterID } };

Thanks!

bmacombe is offline Fiery Certified Professional bmacombe is on a distinguished path

I'm using the V2 api also...I was on the V1 page when I copied that link

Yusuke_K is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Yusuke_K is on a distinguished path

Hi bmaconbe,

We are sorry getting back to you late about this.

You need to use POST /live/api/v2/jobs with multipart/form-data and the content of the file in key “file”.

We currently don't have a sample file that features job submission with C# but you can check more samples from our Github page, Java samples is available from https://github.com/fieryapi/java-samples.

Thanks!
    Yusuke

We just posted job upload sample to GitHub - https://github.com/fieryapi/dot-net-samples

+ Reply to Thread