Thread: JobFlow shareability

Hybrid View

Default JobFlow shareability

Let's say we have the following installed on Mac 1:
    JobFlow full licensed version
    Impose (licensed)
    PitStop (licensed)

And let's say JobFlow has a Fiery System 10 server added to Locations.

Are all of the workflows and related resources (Fiery Presets, Impose Templates, Smart Action Lists, Preflight Profiles, etc.) available on Mac 1 also available on Mac 2 and Mac 3, or do 2 & 3 both require Impose and PitStop to be installed/licensed?

First comment is that JobFlow can be installed on Windows based PC's, Fiery Central and our new FS200 Pro Fiery's. Please check www.efi.com/fieryjobflow for further requirements.

Yes, you are correct that any resources used in JobFlow will be shared with other clients! You don't need Pitstop licensed on the Fiery JobFlow server however. JobFlow comes with the Pitstop libraries included and you can import Enfocus resources via the Admin menu.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
    --
    Hans Sep, Product Manager Fiery JobFlow.

Thanks very much for the info and link, Hans, and for the correction on installing JobFlow on Windows.

I found this on another of your posts and was wondering if that is still true:
    Every customer who upgrades to the full version of Fiery JobFlow will get an Enfocus Pitstop PRO license and, as part of the support and maintenance agreement (SMA), will get updates and upgrades for Fiery JobFlow and Enfocus Pitstop for the duration of the SMA. This will include Pitstop Pro 13 once we have implemented support for that version in Fiery JobFlow. This depends on a number of factors but we aim to support PS13 sooner rather than later.

You're welcome and yes the comment about SMA and Enfocus is still true.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Hans, I know that FS100 Pro servers used to get JobFlow. I've seen it, I would swear. Or am I imagining things?

Quote Originally Posted by Hans_S View Post
    Yes, you are correct that any resources used in JobFlow will be shared with other clients! You don't need Pitstop licensed on the Fiery JobFlow server however. JobFlow comes with the Pitstop libraries included and you can import Enfocus resources via the Admin menu.
    Thanks Hans - hopefully just a couple more questions. Some background: we have 3 Mac prepress workstations and 1 Windows non-prepress workstation on which I have just installed the free JobFlow Base.
    We have 2 Impose licenses, but neither are installed on the Windows or Macs - the Impose licenses are currently installed on 2 pre-System 10 Fiery servers, which means our Operators currently do the Imposing at the Fiery printers - I am trying to move the Impose responsibility to Prepress.

So, in order to use Impose in JobFlow Base, if 1 license of Impose is installed on the JobFlow Windows workstation, are all the Impose custom templates available to all of our Mac prepress workstations?
    Do the Macs all need Impose installed, or does the second Impose license just need installed on any Mac that will be creating custom templates?

I don't mind the questions!

You need to move one of the Impose licenses to the Windows workstation where Fiery JobFlow Base is installed. This will allow you to use the Impose module. In order to use the custom Impose templates with Fiery JobFlow and make them available to the Mac workstation you will need to copy them to the Windows station. You can do this very easily by copying the Impose templates on the Fiery's from the following folder on the Fiery's: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Impose. You can then import them in to Fiery JobFlow by logging in and then choosing Admin->Resources.

Let me know if you need more info.
    --
    Hans

That is great news Hans - thank you!