+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virtual Printers constantly asking for driver updates.

JAvaritt is offline Fiery Certified Professional JAvaritt is on a distinguished path

Default Virtual Printers constantly asking for driver updates.

Hello Everyone,
    I'm working with a customer who has a Xerox Versant 80 with the integrated Fiery and he's using Virtual Printers. Across all 3 of his Windows OS' (Vista,7,2012) these mapped Virtual Printers constantly ask him to update his print drivers. If this were only 1 OS or another doing this than I could research that particular version of Windows for a fix but this is happening across 3 different code base's so that's making me think that this is something to do with how the Fiery is sharing these printers. Some additional information from my customer is below.

I found that if I open the “Printers” page on Windows (either 7 or Vista), then F5 to refresh, the Status changes to “Driver needs Update”. By clicking on each printer, the status then changes to Ready. It is easier to do this, then I know my first job will actually print instead of throwing an error.

If you have any idea why this is occurring and you can offer any suggestions to correct this please let me know.

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

This might be happening due to any old drivers installed in the client.

You can try deleting all the old drivers and then install the virtual printer.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

JAvaritt is offline Fiery Certified Professional JAvaritt is on a distinguished path

I'll have him run the Fiery software uninstaller to remove the printers and remap the shares. I believe that I recall doing that initially but we'll try it again.

Thanks!

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

registry might be bad. I had a item on my home computer that had a registry that never updated and kept wanting to update my software. Just a thought.

Dan

+ Reply to Thread