Thread: Individual user login in CW5

Default Individual user login in CW5

I have a customer who would like to add individual users on the fiery (10e) and have them login on CW5.5. He wants to have his users login under their individual user accounts to print jobs from the hold queue and later use the job log for accounting.

I've added the users and assigned them to a group, but they don't show up as an option for logging in. I've created groups for the individual users, but that doesn't show up either. I've perused the fiery guides and forums with no luck.

Normally I would do this using the engine's built in accounting feature, but this particular model does not support it. Anyone have some direction for me?

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Which Fiery are you printing to ? & Is it Windows or MAC clients ( or both ) that are printing from..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Which Fiery are you printing to ? & Is it Windows or MAC clients ( or both ) that are printing from..
    It's a bustled fiery system 10e on a Xerox 700i Color Press. Clients are printing from the hold queue on two central workstations, one with Windows 7 and the other with XP.

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by dnewman View Post
    I have a customer who would like to add individual users on the fiery (10e) and have them login on CW5.5. He wants to have his users login under their individual user accounts to print jobs from the hold queue and later use the job log for accounting.

I've added the users and assigned them to a group, but they don't show up as an option for logging in. I've created groups for the individual users, but that doesn't show up either. I've perused the fiery guides and forums with no luck.

Normally I would do this using the engine's built in accounting feature, but this particular model does not support it. Anyone have some direction for me?
    Hi,

Users should be added under Administrators/operator/Guest Group.
    For Login as a new user go to CWS Login and enter username , password and login. These newly added users will not be listed in CWS username drop down. We have to enter and login.

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.
    Attached Images  

Ah, thank you. I expected them to show up in the pull-down.