Thread: Upgrade Xerox EX770 with CWS 5.3.1 to 5.7 - or not?

Default Upgrade Xerox EX770 with CWS 5.3.1 to 5.7 - or not?

Hi Guys,
    I saw a lot of benefits upgrading to a new version on CWS. My question is if its safe to the end user (us) to update our fiery RIP EX770 to the newer version of CWS 5.7?
    Does the upgrade includes a new Impose/Compose version too?
    Any risks on doing this? Should we contact Xerox service to do it for us?

Or just leave it alone and keep the 5.3.1 version on it?

Thanks.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

You can upgrade your EX770 to CWS 5.7.029a no problem it is supported - http://www.efi.com/products/fiery-se...tion/overview/ - you check here if you are unsure.

You can of course clone your Fiery as is - then if the upgrade falls over - or it isn't what you want, you can revert back if needed - back off your Impose templates / any local presets / profiles / custom spots etc - before you upgrade, The CWS upgrade will keep everything as is - I have never had any go wrong, but you only miss a backup when you need it..

The Fiery Impose / Compose Versions change - check the versions in Help About Impose before & after as it supports "User Defined" Impose Templates in Hotfolders - so versions are updated..

The Upgrade is meant to be Customer Installable - so Xerox are unlikely to do it for nothing...
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 07-27-2015 at 01:32 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

thank you thistlegorm for the reply.

We'll give it a try soon.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I have been using CWS 5.7 on xerox machines including 770 with no trouble. 5.4-5.7 does include some new features that are quite nice. Some people have had 5.7 problems so like thistlegorm said, clone what you have first.

Dan