Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finishers Not Showing

Default Finishers Not Showing

I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro c6500, I just added a Folding/hole punch unit and a perfect binding unit - I already had a saddle stitch on there that was working fine and now that these 2 units are added I'm seeing NONE of the attached finishers through Command Workstation. I have went to the print driver and under installable options I can add the folding unit or the saddle stitch but not both simultaneously, also there isn't even an option for the perfect binder under the installable options for me to manually add it. The printer itself sees all the options and I can use them all just fine from the copy screen on the printer, however every job i try to send through fiery (plain 8.5x11 one sided finishing options) errors out and says "there is no compatible finisher installed". Any help with this would be greatly appreciated you guy, thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to give me!

P.S. we have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling new drivers and CWS on all the office computers (4 of them) and had no luck.
    Last edited by AbbiPrint; 07-22-2015 at 03:59 PM.

You really need to engage your dealer technical support on this case - as there may be a firmware update for the engine, or patch that is required to make sure the Fiery can see the finishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    You really need to engage your dealer technical support on this case - as there may be a firmware update for the engine, or patch that is required to make sure the Fiery can see the finishers.

I see the installed options on the touch screen of the printer and running as a copier all the options are working just fine... it's just from my computers that I can't see them, would this still possibly be a firmware issue? And would it be the printer that needs a firmware update or the fiery server?

Open Command Workstation (CWS5) and connect to that Fiery.

Go to Device Center tab / General / General info screen.
    Provide a screenshot of the entire CWS5 window

Also, are you printing from Windows PC's, Macs, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    Open Command Workstation (CWS5) and connect to that Fiery.

Go to Device Center tab / General / General info screen.
    Provide a screenshot of the entire CWS5 window

Also, are you printing from Windows PC's, Macs, or both?

I Have tried this from both PC and Mac computers - The Mac was a clean fresh install of the drivers and CWS
    Also I am using a PB-502 and FD-503 with a Bizhub Pro C6500 just incase that matters...
    Attached Images  

OK. I see now.
    You have a IC-408 embedded controller.
    It does not support the finishers you added.

If you want support for those finishers you would need the "external" model Fiery. That is a separate tower. KM calls this controller either the IC-303, or the IC-305.

If you do decide to go this route (somehow finding a used model), I would recommend the IC-305 with v3.0a Fiery system software on it.

Note: EFI and KM officially stopped support of Fierys that connect to C6500/C6501-class engines last year. These Fiery's are bit dated.

Time for an upgrade to new Fiery and copier?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    OK. I see now.
    You have a IC-408 embedded controller.
    It does not support the finishers you added.

If you want support for those finishers you would need the "external" model Fiery. That is a separate tower. KM calls this controller either the IC-303, or the IC-305.

If you do decide to go this route (somehow finding a used model), I would recommend the IC-305 with v3.0a Fiery system software on it.

Note: EFI and KM officially stopped support of Fierys that connect to C6500/C6501-class engines last year. These Fiery's are bit dated.

Time for an upgrade to new Fiery and copier?

Scott,

We do have the external fiery mounted to the back of the machine. Can I just install the new fiery to that manually and how would I get that software if it is possible?

No, the Fiery box hanging off the back of copier is "embedded" IC-408.

The external IC-303 / IC-305 looks like a computer and sits on floor (or in stand) next to C6500.
    Often, it has keyboard, mouse and monitor attached to it too.

Google "IC-305"

So there is no other option than getting a new Fiery Server?
    Can just upgrade the software on the CPU that's attached or build a server if I already have a copy of the IC-305 server dvds?

Your options:

1.) carry on as you were, without the "new" finishers

2.) Look for a used, and working v3.0a IC-303 or IC-305. If you go this route, support may be a rel problem for you. You should discuss this with your KM dealer as they *may* be source of support for the IC-3xx

3.) Purchase new Fiery controller with new matched engine (IC-413 and C7000?, IC-415 and C1070?, for example)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast