Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 up double sided???

Default 2 up double sided???

I have an issue when i'm printing 2up doublesided.

I'm on CW 5.7.0.29

When i have several PDF's A4 and wish to print them 2 up on A4.

I highligt all files and set the propeties for all of them.
    Gangup - step and repeat - papersize "A4" - shrink to fit - Duplex "top-top"

In the duplex option top-bottom are ghosted.

When I then print all files that is where i get my problem....

lets say I print 10 files then 1 or 2 of them are perfect but the rest are for some reason printet top-bottom and there are no system in what file are correct.

I really hope someone can help me.......

Sincerely
    Jesper

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,

Can you give the following details.

1) Which Engine & Fiery you are using
    2) Can you attach the Files which you are printing

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

Hi Ranjitha

I have 3 Xerox C75 with each a external Fiery rip.

It is not possible for me to attach the files cause i'm working at a big lawfirm
    and the documents are client material....

I can tell that the files are everything from worddocs to scanned images all made af PDF's
    most of them via Adobe pdf maker (destiller)

Jesper

Ranjitha is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Ranjitha is on a distinguished path

Hi,
    Does you Fiery is fully updated?( Have you done the system updates)

And the issue is seen only when you print all files together?

Thanks,
    Ranjitha.

The Fiery is a Win7 and should update automaticly but i just looked and it is not fully updatet.
    there are some small updates for Windows.
    I saw that CW is not the same version on the RIP and the computer i'm printing from!!!
    Could that have an impact?

If i print the files one of the time it's the same problem...

Jesper

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

if the CWS on the two locations are greatly different then yes i believe its possible (i.e. 5.2 and 5.7 or worse, but i'm not a moderator so i'm not sure) Make sure the patches on all servers are up to date.

Try these:

Turn off APPE
    Postscript
    Flatten (impose or Acrobat)

Dan

Hi Jesper. My name is Hans Sep and I am the product manager for Fiery JobFlow which is our new automation platform for the Fiery.

Question: are you using job properties to do the gang-up or do you use Fiery Impose?

If it is the latter one thing you might try is to install the free version of Fiery JobFlow via Fiery Software Manager and create a workflow that does the 2up gang-up. When you install Fiery JobFlow a sample Impose workflow is created so you would only need to change the imposition template.

If you do this Fiery JobFlow will create an imposed PDF that can be treated just like any other job on the Fiery. We have found this fixes a lot of these types of challenges related to Impose.

Feel free to follow up with me directly at hans [dot] sep [at] efi [dot] com
    --
    Hans

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Hans,

JobFlow isn't showing up either installed or as an available option to install on my FS100 Pro server in Software Manager. KM IC-308.

Thoughts?

What version of CWS5 are you using? I believe that if it is CWS5.6.x.x or older the associated Fiery Software Manager won't give you option to download Job Flow.

So please upgrade the Fiery utilities on you client PC, then I believe you will see option to download Job Flow.

By the way, the Forum has a separate area for Job Flow
    http://fieryforums.efi.com/forumdisp...-Fiery-JobFlow

For more on Job Flow, refer to:
    http://www.efi.com/products/fiery-se...flow/overview/

It is recommended Job Flow be installed on client PC instead of Fiery itself.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Then maybe that's it, the SW Manager on the Fiery itself won't show JobFlow as an option. I know I see it on client PCs all the time.

Not showing it on the Fiery itself would be new to me. I remember when it came out, it most certainly was an option on the Fiery itself.

This is CWS 5.7.0.29, of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast