+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiery Go 1.2 is now available for download

Default Fiery Go 1.2 is now available for download

Fiery Go v1.2 is now available for Android and iOS devices from the Google Play store and iTunes App Store. This version contains exciting new features such as:

Job import
    Print jobs directly to a Fiery server using Fiery Go. Use the “Open With” option with a PDF file in apps such as Dropbox and Drive to send PDFs to the Fiery server.

Cellular data connectivity
    Expand your control beyond the Wi-Fi network by accessing your Fiery servers through cellular data and VPN services.

EFI Passport sign in (new to iOS)
    EFI™ Passport is a service that lets you create one account and use it to access multiple EFI products and services.

Please remember that Fiery Go requires the Fiery API to be installed on the Fiery server itself. For FS150, FS150 Pro, FS100 Pro and later products, Fiery API is included in the shipping Fiery servers. Fiery API can be added to System 9R2 – FS100 Pro external and embedded servers by installing using the Fiery Integration Manager available through Fiery Software Manager. For help with installing Fiery API, check out the guide here.

Expand your control beyond the Wi-Fi network by accessing your Fiery servers through cellular data and VPN services.

Hi there, just wondering about the above. I have Fiery Go working on our i80 Fiery and Versant 80 just fine, and have the 1.2 update. Can not work out how to enable this Cellular functions. Can you provide some more details please?

Quote Originally Posted by tnargus View Post

Hi there, just wondering about the above. I have Fiery Go working on our i80 Fiery and Versant 80 just fine, and have the 1.2 update. Can not work out how to enable this Cellular functions. Can you provide some more details please?
    Hi tnargus, glad you're trying out this function. In short, you will only need to open a VPN connection on your mobile device back to your network, and you Fiery Go will work even when you're outside of your network.

A VPN extends a private network (such as the one your Fierys are connected to) across a public network (3g/4g/LTE, etc.). VPN connection can be setup using the built-in VPN in iOS/Android or through a 3rd party app such as Cisco AnyConnect.

To set up VPN on mobile, I would consult your network administrator for specific network details you will need. For addition help, you can consult these outside webpages for iOS / Android.

+ Reply to Thread