Thread: EB-32 Controller: Presets gone and cannot create new

Default EB-32 Controller: Presets gone and cannot create new

Summary:
    Ricoh Pro 8100
    EB-32 Fiery Controller v1.0
    FS100 Pro
    Patches up to date
    CWS 5.5, and 5.7

In the Device Center>Workflows>Job Presets, all previously saved presets are gone. When selecting "New", entering a title, and clicking "OK," an error pops up: "Unknown Error Occurred." And from the driver at CWS, I do not see any new workflows populate the workflow list when I save as "Server Preset." This is the second time this behavior has occurred at this site; the first time was corrected by reimaging.

When I attempted to import from the workflow>job presets interface, it wants to import a ".fjp" file, with no option to import .xml. I cannot find a .fjp file on the EB-32, I can only find the "Preset.xml" file that is created from the driver "Save as Server Preset." Any ideas? I'd like to solve the problem, rather than reimage every other month.

- Brad
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by b-rad; 06-22-2015 at 02:34 PM.

OK what you are seeing is not expected, and is indicative of a system corruption. I would advise you get tech support involved, so they can get to the bottom of it.

Some answers for your questions:

1. Server presets only accepts .fjp files to import, these are the same files you can export out of device center > server presets.

2. Local presets can be exported as xml files, and imported.

Eventually we should get these two formats inline, but for now if you have a local preset XML file you want converted to FJP, then send it to us.

This whole "Unknown Error Occurred" problem is a concern especially if it's the second time it's happened, so I'd be looking into that first though. Look for AV and other software running in the background on the Fiery that could be modifying/corrupting files in the system. Could it be a patch causing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    Look for AV and other software running in the background on the Fiery that could be modifying/corrupting files in the system. Could it be a patch causing it?
    Hi Greta,

This EB-32 is on a domain, so I'll check with the IT Department at the site and make sure AV software isn't doing anything. As far as the patches, it is getting automatic updates for Fiery. I'd hope the updates coming from EFI are correct patches and in the proper order.

Thanks for your reply.

- Brad

UPDATE: IT confirmed no Anti Virus being pushed. Checked Event Viewer and seeing this application error (attached), not sure if it is the culprit because workflow presets are functional now after reimaging and patching. Is this a common Fiery event error, or is it broken?
    Name:  fierycsiatom.PNG
Views: 1132
Size:  38.8 KB
    Last edited by b-rad; 06-24-2015 at 08:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread