Thread: document hangs in CW5 with parsing message

Default document hangs in CW5 with parsing message

Hello all,

Have a odd recurring issue where some documents sent to Command Workstation hang in the parsing process.
    When this happens, the server is hosed. You have to hard boot the system to get any other print jobs to work.
    This can be a word doc, PDF, or an InDesign document.

Anyone seen this issue before?

Canon iPR Server A2100 v2.0(US)
    Version 2.0
    Software: 8 Release 2

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

I've had that way too many times. Try turning off APPE and/or postscripting it beforehand. I've even had to split a .ps document in two because the files were too large to handle. See if that works.

Dan

From what I can find, APPE is not supported on the box. Checked all the server settings and see no option.

I did find out that every doc that has an issue, started out as a MS Word doc. It was either converted to a PDF, TIFF, or Indesign doc at some point. I get the same issues if I try to print the original MS Word doc.

GarethO is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor GarethO is on a distinguished path

I just posted a similar issue in the Mac forum, but my files all come from Mac PDFContext and Mac Illustraor/InDesign PDFs.

I have to preflight everything, reboot the rip and resend the new file. It's annoying.