+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please read: Window 10 is not supported on any fiery

Default Please read: Window 10 is not supported on any fiery

Warning: Please do not upgrade your Fiery server to Windows 10
    Fiery® digital front ends are specially designed systems combining an operating system with Fiery software and custom electronics. As such, Fiery servers running Windows® 7 or Windows 8.1 will not support the Windows 10 upgrade directly on the server.

On June 1st 2015, Microsoft announced that Windows 10, an update to the Windows operating system, can be reserved via Windows Auto Update. In the Windows system tray, a new icon may appear displaying the Windows logo. When you hover over the logo, you will see a “Get Windows 10” pop up window. Please do not install Windows 10 on your Fiery server. If the Fiery server is upgraded to Windows 10, it will not operate and the system will have to be rebuilt from original software disks or backup images.

EFI has created a Fiery patch(ID FIT101087873), based on a solution from Microsoft, which disables the pop-up and prevents the Fiery server from being upgraded to Windows 10. This patch will not affect Fiery software.
    Patch FIT101087873 was made available on 7/15/15 and can be obtained through:
    1. Your Fiery supplier, EFI Technical Support, or download it from EFI at http://fiery.efi.com/disable-windows10.
    2. System Updates
    3. Product Updates (If the product supports Product Updates, a “Check for Product Updates” button will be visible in WebTools in the Configure tab.)

Please apply patch FIT101087873 before July 29, 2015 to prevent the accidental upgrade of your Windows system to Windows 10.

Note: EFI strongly recommends that you perform a full backup of the system image on a regular basis. In the event of an accidental Windows 10 update, the backup image can be used to restore the Fiery server so it will operate normally.
    To create a backup image, use the tool specific to the Fiery system:
    • For Fiery FS100 Pro servers and later, use Fiery System Restore located on DVD1 of your Fiery media kit.
    • For Fiery System 10 servers and earlier use the Fiery Clone Tool.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jerod_A; 07-23-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod_A View Post
    Warning: Please do not upgrade your Fiery server to Windows 10
    Fiery® digital front ends are specially designed systems combining an operating system with Fiery software and custom electronics. As such, Fiery servers running Windows® 7 or Windows 8.1 will not support the Windows 10 upgrade directly on the server.

On June 1st 2015, Microsoft announced that Windows 10, an update to the Windows operating system, can be reserved via Windows Auto Update. In the Windows system tray, a new icon may appear displaying the Windows logo. When you hover over the logo, you will see a “Get Windows 10” pop up window. Please do not install Windows 10 on your Fiery server. If the Fiery server is upgraded to Windows 10, it will not operate and the system will have to be rebuilt from original software disks or backup images.

EFI has created a Fiery patch(ID FIT101087873), based on a solution from Microsoft, which disables the pop-up and prevents the Fiery server from being upgraded to Windows 10. This patch will not affect Fiery software.
    Patch FIT101087873 was made available on 7/15/15 and can be obtained through:
    1. Your Fiery supplier, EFI Technical Support, or download it from EFI at http://fiery.efi.com/disable-windows10.
    2. System Updates
    3. Product Updates (If the product supports Product Updates, a “Check for Product Updates” button will be visible in WebTools in the Configure tab.)

Please apply patch FIT101087873 before July 29, 2015 to prevent the accidental upgrade of your Windows system to Windows 10.

Note: EFI strongly recommends that you perform a full backup of the system image on a regular basis. In the event of an accidental Windows 10 update, the backup image can be used to restore the Fiery server so it will operate normally.
    To create a backup image, use the tool specific to the Fiery system:
    • For Fiery FS100 Pro servers and later, use Fiery System Restore located on DVD1 of your Fiery media kit.
    • For Fiery System 10 servers and earlier use the Fiery Clone Tool.
    Is the Windows 10 upgrade glitch limited to the Fiery Server. I have a Windows 7 desktop that I connect to the Fiery Server that I would like to upgrade to Windows 10. I connect to the Fiery Server using Command Workstation from my desktop. Will upgrading the desktop to Windows 10 experience the same problems?

Fiery Command WorkStation and Client Applications

Fiery client applications are compatible with PCs running Windows 10 including:

Fiery Command WorkStation®, Fiery Hot Folders, and Fiery Remote Scan
    Fiery Impose, Fiery Compose, and Fiery JobMaster
    Fiery Color Profiler Suite and Fiery Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition
    Fiery JobFlow and Fiery Dashboard are also compatible with the Microsoft Edge browser
    Fiery Integration Manager
    Last edited by Craig M; 07-28-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Default trouble installing patch

Craig, running new Fiery system 10, trying to install patch. Fiery Patch Downloader Logon wizard doesn't like my attempt...

Running the .exe off my desktop / locally, right click run as administrator, the wizard opens and starts its thing. At Logon window, after entering correct user name, password and hostname, I get an 'Unable to Connect' error message. That's it.

Did I miss something? Suggestions? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdklein View Post
    Craig, running new Fiery system 10, trying to install patch. Fiery Patch Downloader Logon wizard doesn't like my attempt...

Running the .exe off my desktop / locally, right click run as administrator, the wizard opens and starts its thing. At Logon window, after entering correct user name, password and hostname, I get an 'Unable to Connect' error message. That's it.

Did I miss something? Suggestions? thanks
    forgot to mention that I am using an Admin account with Admin rights

From your pc, can you ping the IP of your Fiery successfully? What product do you own? thanks.

I hear a whole lot of warning not to upgrade, but little else. When is WIndows 10 support coming to Fiery servers?
    Last edited by mrjane; 08-07-2015 at 09:24 AM.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

What is your concern about using Windows 10?

Fiery print servers technically don't run Windows. They run a unique setup that's designed around embedded functionality. EFI "owns" and maintains the OS, and they happened to use Windows on their external units.

Each and every Fiery that EFI designs and creates is a system, from the OS on up. It's not a matter of just upgrading a Fiery to run Win10. EFI has to create the system from scratch to serve the purpose.

I have no doubt that EFI is designing Fiery servers and Fiery software that use Windows 10 for the OS.

As for "support for Windows 10", that can also mean "can a Windows 10 user print to the Fiery and run CWS?" The answer to both of those is "yes". That's the other side of the "support" question.

Default Windows 10 patch

Does this patch apply to Win XPe Fierys? I have a customer that wants to patch a Ricoh EB-1357.

thanks

e

Default log in

You will need to put either "Admin" or "Administrator" with your CWS password which is usually "Fiery.1". You may also have to put in the host name which you can use the Fiery's IP address.

e

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast