Thread: Docucolor 550 & Indesign CC2014 - forgetful print driver?...

Default Docucolor 550 & Indesign CC2014 - forgetful print driver?...

Hi

When I print from Indesign and select SRA3, then go to the Fiery Features dialogue and set - for example:

Heavyweight 3 / Face up / Tray 5

from the Fiery features dialogue, then print, it's fine.

BUT

If I want to make a minor change to my Indesign file then press print again all my selections above, bar the paper size are forgotten. I have to go to the Fiery Features pane again (which, when i get there, it's still set to my previous setting above) I have to recheck one of the setting and print again. With the long hang I get when going to the Fiery Features pane this becomes a pain.

Does anyone know if I'm missing a trick here or is there a way not having to go to the Fiery Feature dialogue every time.

BTW - Saved presets work if that helps find a cause...

labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path

Angry Same problem here

Have the same problem here but with Indesign CS5.5.

If we set the paper settings in CWS then the settings stay.

Is there any solution?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

This is a known issue with CS5.

Upgrade your InDesign, and the problem will go away.

Adobe is the 800lb gorilla, and you must do it their way or else it's the highway.

Actually it won't go away - I'm using Indesign CC2014 - the latest version of everything.(Indesign/Drivers/Yosemite)

labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path

Default CC2014 have the problem too

Have a customer with the same problem and they using CC2014 and still have this problem with all updates.